LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m assembling my new engine. Putting the oil pan on last night and I like to do things correctly, so I’m pop riviting the new gasket on like it was from the factory. I noticed on thesis’s the oil filter is on, the oil pan and original block are missing a hole for a bolt for the pan rail. No wonder it leaks! The gasket had a hole. New block has a hole and the truck oil pan has the hole. Gto doesn’t. Why? So I did what any true hot fodder would do. I drilled the hole. Check it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Prolly interferes with the block somehow. Prolly a galley there or something. Possibly part of a revision. No idea. Drill the pan, piece of mind right?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More importantly, is your wife mad you keep using the bath towels in the garage?
We got into it about that the other night. The funny thing is she gave me like three old towels. That one is stretched in my counter because that’s where I was using as a clean area for the pistons and stuff. Yea. Before the metal shavings. I know that comment was coming next. Lol.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prolly interferes with the block somehow. Prolly a galley there or something. Possibly part of a revision. No idea. Drill the pan, piece of mind right?
The block has a square casting nub that kinda hangs off the side a little. No interference with anything I can tell and oil don’t run right there either. I can’t imagine they just forgot that hole. They did that for a reason, but I wish I knew why.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The block has a square casting nub that kinda hangs off the side a little. No interference with anything I can tell and oil don’t run right there either. I can’t imagine they just forgot that hole. They did that for a reason, but I wish I knew why.
So is that the middle drivers side? Gonna check my block and pan now that's its kinda apart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts