LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a silly question but just curious about that. I took a look SLP online and saw that and was curious as to why, if the Loudmouth has the racing resonators, does it cost less than the Power Flo's. I'm looking for a nice exhaust with a throaty sound but not overbearing. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
The powerflow is a nice choice. I have it on my car. I have a video you can listen to, however I have a H/C equipped car so I don't think It would be nearly as loud. To answer you question the powerflow uses mufflers which are more expensive that a bullet style resonator.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
THe Loudmouth's mufflers really are nothing more than a straight tube with little insulation to deaden sound. Much cheaper to produce. The Powerflo is a standard style muffler which has a bigger shell and has more sound deadening material. Therefore more costly to produce.

·
2004 Pontiac GTO
167 Posts
gtodoug said:
The powerflow is a nice choice. I have it on my car. I have a video you can listen to, however I have a H/C equipped car so I don't think It would be nearly as loud. To answer you question the powerflow uses mufflers which are more expensive that a bullet style resonator.
What is a "H/C equipped" car?

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Heads and Cam.

A common power upgrade for the LS1 motor.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Cool. I don't plan on doing a Head and cam swap anytime soon. Trying to get the most out of my GTO with a dyno tune, CAI, JBA emission Headers and a Cat-back with some better wires and hotter plugs as well as any other bolt-on that would make a substancial difference. So which SLP system flows the best and net's the most hp gains? Wouldn't the Loudmouth? I wonder what's the most someone has gotten out of our GTO without a head/cam swap? My goal would be 365rwhp/375rwtq. Don't know if that can be obtained but would be nice to see. What do you all think?

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Once you start, you won't stop! It's a disease!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, and as I told you in that PM, with all the projects I have, I am really infected, lol. I checked on one at the shop yesterday with the "Thru the Floor Subframe Connectors and 8 point Cage.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
That's a little extreme for someone who isn't "planning" on modding much! :D

Trust me, you don't want a cage in a car like this. Crawling through the Monkey bars will get old REAL quick! Not to mention aterations to the interior and your accomodations for the tubing.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Whoops, sorry! :D

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
I got them installed over at a local exhaust shop. Part# 14362 if mammory serves me right.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts