LS1GTO Forums banner
41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
Seriously?
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Change of plans on the tires... I ordered the Bridgestone S-04 Pole Positions on Saturday morning and Discount Tire could not locate any. After contacting Bridgestone, there is no ETA on them, if ever. So after discussing my options, Discount Tire went above and beyond and gave me a great price on the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S that I really wanted in the first place. A huge thank you to them for the excellent customer service. The tires will ship tomorrow and I stayed with the same sizes, 245/40-18 and 285/35-18.

·
Seriously?
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Discount Tire Direct are really a good bunch. They have helped me out and have gone above and beyond multiple times for me. I'll never buy tires anywhere else again.
I also buy all my tires through them plus they patch for free
Yep, going forward, they will be my first source for tires. I have 4 vehicles to put tires on and I get asked often about tires and I am going to recommend them first. Not to take away anything from Tire Rack or other online retailers, but I am thrilled by what DT did for the price for me and the person I dealt with was really trying to make it right and was genuinely interested in customer service.

Reactions: zech912

·
GR-RRR!
7,332 Posts
While I had the car in the air today (new dyno run today) I took a look underneath. There is NO WAY I'd get 18's widened 1.5 inches under there without jacking with something. And if I had to use a 13mm spacer given the widening they would absolutely rub heavily on the outside.

I am definitely get a pair of spare 18s regardless, but not sure I'm going the widening/larger tire route. Will have to research some more. Will have to see how things work out for Wicked.

·
Worthless reject member
51,430 Posts
While I had the car in the air today (new dyno run today) I took a look underneath. There is NO WAY I'd get 18's widened 1.5 inches under there without jacking with something. And if I had to use a 13mm spacer given the widening they would absolutely rub heavily on the outside.

I am definitely get a pair of spare 18s regardless, but not sure I'm going the widening/larger tire route. Will have to research some more. Will have to see how things work out for Wicked.
Grind your quarter lip and tack weld.

I figured it would be tight no matter what. Few MM's on each side.

·
GR-RRR!
7,332 Posts
My experience says "maybe". I put 275 drag radials on stock 17s and the driver's side rubbed the wheel lip a bit. Now, on a wider rim widened to the inside perhaps the pooch of the sidewall would have been less and perhaps it wouldn't have rubbed. What I do know from looking at my car while on the lift, I most certainly do not have room to move the wheel to the outside 10-13mm with a spacer which is what has been said is needed to accommodate 9.5 inch wheels with 275s. I MIGHT get away with a 1 inch widening and a very small spacer, but it would be tight. I do not have coil overs and my car is slightly lowered and I have not rolled the lips (though I did grind off about 3/16" on the driver's side lip to keep from rubbing with my drag radials).

·
Seriously?
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Would it be safe to say 275 would fit with
No spacers
No modifications
Widen 1inch
?
@Raymond posted in this thread that he was successful in going one inch, 275s, no spacers, no mods. Others have not been so lucky. Not all GTOs are equal. However, rolling fender lips isn't a big deal. I was trying to avoid it but after watching several videos on YT and reading previous threads on this forum, I'm now good with it. I'm good with a wheel spacer or adapter also. I'm hoping there will be no inner fender modifications. Still waiting for wheels and tires to come in so I can get to work on this.

·
Wol Gemut
3,610 Posts
I wouldn't go past the spot welds.

·
Seriously?
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Wheels are shipping back to me today. I could possibly see them Thursday, will know more tonight when I run the tracking. Possible wheel only test fit on Sunday night. Of course, pics will be up soon.

41 - 60 of 128 Posts