LS1GTO Forums banner
81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Seriously?
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Here is a pic of a coworker's truck... his look a little darker... could be lighting also...

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2006 Pontiac GTO
956 Posts
I have the same wheel. Yeah it’s the lighting and his looks dirty, could also be that. It’s a great color though.

·
Seriously?
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Got a 2nd estimate and am going to go with him. $400 for all 4 wheels coated and cleared. Picked a color today and he is ordering it tonight, should be here next week.

This is the closest we could get to the OEM Ford color... The $400 includes stripping, blasting and a clear coat on top of this.

Tire Wheel Product Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Seriously?
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I've gone this far... the car is worth it to me.

Reactions: Skylark and zech912

·
Seriously?
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Took the two front wheels to the tire shop and they pulled the tires off. Dropped the wheels off at the PC after that. Gonna be a long 2 weeks. The powder won't be here until the end of the week and then he will knock it out. I won't be able to get the tires mounted and balanced until the following weekend. Getting closer.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hey WickedGoat - look forward to seeing your pics, and as another point of reference for you and the others considering widening the OEM 18's - you will not be disappointed! Raymond got me hooked when he polished and widened his 18's, and I did mine with a 1" widen and added Michelin Super Sports 275's out back, and 235 up front. Running the Pedders XA's fairly low, and no rubbing or fender trimming was required. One disclaimer - I never have anyone in the back seat so can't comment on inner fender liner rub under full squat. Also, plenty of room to run 275's without trimming the lips, so hopefully your 285's with the spacers will need no trimming. Lastly, the 275's balanced out great, and you will love the quality of their work!
Hi KC! Glad you are still around. Widened and polished factory 18s.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
R.I.P PMD
1,413 Posts
Hi KC! Glad you are still around. Widened and polished factory 18s.
View attachment 513801
Hey Raymond!! Great to be back, and missed the last 5 years on the forum due to job change, move to a new state, etc... Also, added an '09 G8 GT in the interim as my daily driver, so nothing like having two Holdens to wrench on!

Reactions: Raymond

·
Seriously?
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·

·
GR-RRR!
7,332 Posts

·
Seriously?
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
The powder coating delivered yesterday as anticipated. I texted the guy last night for an update and he said the wheels should be done by Tuesday. Doesn't matter at all since I won't be able to mount and balance the tires until Saturday morning. The anticipation grows...

·
Seriously?
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Got the wheels back from the powder coater today. He did a great job. The PC is darker than I thought it would be, but I like it. Pics don't do it justice, but here goes...

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Seriously?
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 · (Edited)
Tires are mounted. I put the rear wheel on with no washers and everything just barely cleared. I then put 10mm of washers on and it looks better with more room. I also have the jack under the control arm and the wheel lifted in the 2nd pic. It is just off the jack stand. Spun the wheel again and no rubbing anywhere.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Floor

·
Seriously?
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Another close up of the fender lips...

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

81 - 100 of 128 Posts