LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Do you know what specific tire you're looking at?

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
You didn't mention what type of tire so I will reference drag radials.

GotGTO (and many others) is running the Nitto 275 without rub. Others have mounted the MT ET Street Radial in 275 only to have it rub. I have heard that the BFG drag radial in 275 rubs.

All rubbing referenced is on the fender.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GoatChs said:
You didn't mention what type of tire so I will reference drag radials.

GotGTO (and many others) is running the Nitto 275 without rub. Others have mounted the MT ET Street Radial in 275 only to have it rub. I have heard that the BFG drag radial in 275 rubs.

All rubbing referenced is on the fender.
Bridgestone Fuzion ZR-I as mentioned above.....No drag radials.

·
TACHNUP
2,310 Posts
Can you fit a 275/40-17 on a 17x8? Yeah. Is it advised? Not really. The recommended width range for that size tire is 9-11".

·
Professional Type 1 Diabetic
4,263 Posts
Yes, I have the ZR1 275x40x17's on the rear. I only had two rubs. Once with 200lbs of sand in the trunk and once with a 19" CRT going over a jacked up hill with big bumps in it. Other than that, hitting the track with the squat did not rub.

Attachments

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
MacDogg said:
Yes, I have the ZR1 275x40x17's on the rear. I only had two rubs. Once with 200lbs of sand in the trunk and once with a 19" CRT going over a jacked up hill with big bumps in it. Other than that, hitting the track with the squat did not rub.
Do you have a stock suspension, or have you upgraded the rear coil springs, shocks, or added drag bags? No fender rolling?

-K

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
AUSI GTO said:
Bridgestone Fuzion ZR-I as mentioned above.....No drag radials.
Yeah...you posted that while I was replying (and getting another beer). For reference, before installing the MT 275 DRs, I was running a 265 Nexxen on my factory 18" with no rub anywhere.

·
Still not Mexican.
1,278 Posts
Just roll your fenders and don't worry about it. FWIW my 275 nittos rubbed until I rolled mine.

·
Professional Type 1 Diabetic
4,263 Posts
LA_Phantom said:
Do you have a stock suspension, or have you upgraded the rear coil springs, shocks, or added drag bags? No fender rolling?

-K
all stock rear suspension, no rolling/hammering needed. Just remember, though, all cars are different. I have never had anyone in the back seat and carry a minimal amount of weight in the trunk. 50lbs. max counting the spare.

·
9 Second Club
14,788 Posts

·
God is Good...all the Time
227 Posts
AUSI GTO said:
I searched but can't find a straight answer...!!!

Will it work ?

YEP! IT'LL WORK IT'S WHAT I'M RUNNING...STILL NO TRACTION THOUGH :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
GoatChs said:
Yeah...you posted that while I was replying (and getting another beer). For reference, before installing the MT 275 DRs, I was running a 265 Nexxen on my factory 18" with no rub anywhere.

Who else has tried running 265's in the back on the stock 18's? If you guys are having luck, is there a tire that works better? I'm just looking for a little more tire in the back...not for drag racing though.

·
F^@& OPEC
263 Posts
Marty31 said:
Here's a pic with the Nitto 275's. No rubbing. No rolling.
[/URL][/IMG]
Is that on all four corners? I'm having the same dillema. I need tires yesterday. Looks like the deal is gonna have to go down tomorrow so I'm doing my research now. Looking at either the nitto 275's or the BFG KD's or a long shot of the KW2's

·
The New 4-4-2
49 Posts
Cool vid!

I've got a kick out of watching the videos--especially the first one.

How many RPMs were you turning?

Brendon (aka Bjorn)

·
The New 4-4-2
49 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I run 275 40 17's on the rear all the time. My street tires are General Exclaim UHP's in that size and they are awesome. For the track, I use MT drag radials in that size. I use air bags in the rear at about 12 pounds. 275's greatly improve traction- no rubbing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts