LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· GR-RRR!
14,218 Posts
Time to start insuring these things as classics and at a stated value. Both of mine are insured through Hagerty in such a way. Costs less than normal insurance which only insures them for a blue book value.

· GR-RRR!
14,218 Posts
Same here, but that’s only a viable option if your GTO (or any collectible vehicle for that matter) isn’t a daily driver. My policy would also be significantly more if I didn’t have a secured garage that is on my own property.

Folks that would daily drive their GTO’s and park them outside are realistically stuck with your run of the mill insurance.
I think Hagerty has a daily driver option, but probably costs more to check off that feature.

· GR-RRR!
14,218 Posts
I signed up with Hagerty about 3-4 months ago and I didn't have to share anything about my daily. I did have to make statements about the expected number of miles expected to be put on each car in a year. I did have to declare that the car in question in a particular policy was or was not being used as the main mode of transportation. Maybe the policy would have been rejected if I said it was a daily? I got the impression it would have just cost more had I chosen that.

Could be some regional differences too I suppose.

· GR-RRR!
14,218 Posts
Stated values are obtainable from standard insurance companies. I had one.

#buyavettetho
I had stated value policies with State Farm for decades. Then they dropped me stating they no longer off such policies, referred me to Hagerty. Now they are partnered with Hagerty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts