LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my up stream 02 sensors need to be re placed and my sisters 1500 heavy duty 6.0 was totaled from an accident and i was hoping the o2 sensors and coil packs are compatible with my 06 gto considering there both gm 6.0s so any input would be appreciated

·
Worthless reject member
40,751 Posts
the coil packs will work, but you'll probably need different plug wires and brackets. depends on the year. there were a bunch of different coil pack designs.

why the heck would you install used o2 sensors? don't even bother with that crap.

lastly, is there something wrong with your o2 sensors or coil packs now?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my o2 sensors have been faulty for some time now and nothing wrong with coil packs just that she replaced alot of stuff on her truck 2 days before she got into that accident her sensors along with coil packs maf sensor and alt were all new and it just so happens that i need the o2 sensors and figured that if the coil packs fit i should use them instead of letting them to waist but will the o2 sensors work? p.s i know with everything thats gone wrong so far i should let it go but i fell in love with this car and cant find the will power to let her go

·
Powdercoat all of it
233 Posts
The problem with your "gm 6.0" theory is that o2 sensors vary significantly depending on Install location and years used. Wire length, connector, etc. For example, you couldn't use fbody sensors on a corvette because the corvette required longer wires due to location. GTO and fbody connectors are different. The list goes on.

And if you knew your o2 sensors were bad, why would you not address that immediately? That controls air/fuel, pretty important.

Check rockauto for a part number to see if they're the same if you must. Then, buy new o2 sensors anyway.

As for the coils, take them off and set them aside if you can (taking parts from a totaled vehicle? Will insurance let you do that?). But take the coil harness, brackets, coils and wires all together, you'll probably need all of it. And there's a good chance it'll interfere with your fuel rail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts