LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't know if they will fit but I really like them.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aren't they beautiful.........and cheap?!!!!!!!

so...is the 38mm off-set in the rear a problem because they would stick out to far? or will they rib something inside chassis/suspension?

·
GTO Enthusiast, was owner
534 Posts
It depends upon what tires you put on them. I have a set of Stern wheels in that same size with the same 38mm offset. With a set of BF Goodrich KDW-NT in a 245/40-ZR18, I had to roll the rear fenders as they were hitting from even mild acceleration and no load.

I imagine if you ran 235's it wouldn't be as bad, but probably still get some rub (and not in a good way.) ;)

Your stock wheels are 48mm offset. With equal-sized tires in the width, your tire would still be 10mm (.3937") closer to the fender on those wheels. I rolled my fenders. Done right, there's no cracking, and no regrets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
multistrada74 said:
i know the fronts will, but the 38mm off set might not for the rear. will it work with fender rolling? thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-H...tegoryZ43958QQihZ017QQitemZ270030972743QQrdZ1
You could make them work but you would for sure need drag bags, that would stick out past the fenders, at that point its not even worth rolling them, cuz your way past the lip anyways. I wouldn't do it, your car will drop right on top of that tire in heavy acceleration. They look sweet though. There is a BMW rim that looks a lot like that don't remember the link but it had an offset that would work with rolled fenders, look around I will try to find them also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts