·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Suffering Fools
15,298 Posts
That's a 50mm offset, not backspace.

They should clear the brakes just fine on an '04 and not rub.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, thanks, you just made my winter about $500 cheaper. i Know it will be ugly, but why waste money on winter wheels when there's so much more you can do when the snow isn't falling

:burnout:

·
Suffering Fools
15,298 Posts
If you've got a Discount Tire local, I'd go there and just make sure before you buy them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately I don't, I live in upstate NY and it's almost impossible to find a tire shop that stocks anything remotely useful, unless you have a 4x4.

·
GTO Enthusiast, was owner
534 Posts
Good choice. Now spend some of the money you saved on Nokian Hakkapeliita 2's or RSI's. Check this site and find their winter test track they use for developing tires, it's north of the arctic circle. In my research, I find other tire companies copying NOKIAN's designs, not the other way around. In my practical use of them, I found they're just fantastic traction. Get a set of FOUR, of course.

http://www.nokiantyre.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^
:bewarespa

wow, do you work for them or something? I already have tires, that's why I wanted to do this in the first place

·
534 Posts
xxcorydxx said:
^
:bewarespa

wow, do you work for them or something? I already have tires, that's why I wanted to do this in the first place

NO, I don't work for them or any other tire company. I forgot that you already had tires. Gimme a break. I just am one of those people that when I find something that REALLY works, I want to share it. Is that so bad?

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I've been told the Nokian's are best... and I will be buying them in about a month.

/end threadjack

·
534 Posts
I checked with some of the local dealers they list for my area. Their tires are not commonly stocked, but available in a day to 3 day delivery. What surprised me is that they really aren't expensive at all. Very competive pricing with others in their market.

I got my Hakkapeliita 2's from Craigslist used, for $250 but the seller gave me his original receipt. If I recall right, he paid just about $400 for 4, installed. Mind you, they are much smaller than a GTO needs (I recommend 225 wide max), but still in their size they were competitively priced and perform GREAT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:The_Villa

/thread

all I had was a simple question, i quite honestly don't care about your tires, I ALREADY HAVE SOME

·
534 Posts
Please calm down sir. My reply was information for Huntress or any others interested in Nokian. If you don't care, why get perturbed about it? Sorry if I dish out too much information (or spam, as it may seem to be) for your tastes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts