LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was released to be transported by truck on 3-17 and arrived in Dayton,Oh on 3-24 they now have it loaded on another transport to go the last 30 miles to the Dealership. I hopefully will see it Monday.
So it makes it across the US in 1 week and then sets for 6 days 30 miles from the Dealer. My Dealer even called and had them put sold signs on it so they would maybe speed things up. They told him he would get it anywhere from 24 to 72 hrs. I guess they are going for the 72 hrs. When I get it , it will be 8 months almost to the day that I ordered it! :mad:
Well I feel better that I vented. Hopefully tomorrow, I will forget all about it :drink:

·
SPEED THRILLS!!!!!
68 Posts
4th GTO said:
My car was released to be transported by truck on 3-17 and arrived in Dayton,Oh on 3-24 they now have it loaded on another transport to go the last 30 miles to the Dealership. I hopefully will see it Monday.
So it makes it across the US in 1 week and then sets for 6 days 30 miles from the Dealer. My Dealer even called and had them put sold signs on it so they would maybe speed things up. They told him he would get it anywhere from 24 to 72 hrs. I guess they are going for the 72 hrs. When I get it , it will be 8 months almost to the day that I ordered it! :mad:
Well I feel better that I vented. Hopefully tomorrow, I will forget all about it :drink:
8 months? Not to bad. I ordered mine, GMWHR9, on June 28, 2003. I know it's "on the water". When I FINALLY get it mid/late April I'll be looking at a 10 month wait...At least the weather here in New Jersey FINALLY cleared/warmed up a bit...If this were a kid I'd be celebrating their first months birthday.
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
66 Posts
"patience, my boy...."

4th GTO said:
Ordered June 26, arrived at dealer March 25 (after dealer was closed for the day.) About 9 months, give or take. Will pick it up April 1 or 2. It's now starting to eat at me a little bit, knowing the car is sitting quietly in the shop waiting to be prepped. I think I can stand it for ............ ......... .... AAAuuugggghhhh! I CAN'T STAND IT! AAAAHAHHHHHHHhhhhhhh - I can visit it again tomorrow. Whew! I'm ok again now. :D

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I don't think the one I ordered is at the dealership yet. I gave up and bought mine off a lot - and at supplier pricing which is probably better than I would have got on the one I ordered.
Dan

·
SPEED THRILLS!!!!!
68 Posts
"Patience, my boy"

CoolBlu04 said:
Ordered June 26, arrived at dealer March 25 (after dealer was closed for the day.) About 9 months, give or take. Will pick it up April 1 or 2. It's now starting to eat at me a little bit, knowing the car is sitting quietly in the shop waiting to be prepped. I think I can stand it for ............ ......... .... AAAuuugggghhhh! I CAN'T STAND IT! AAAAHAHHHHHHHhhhhhhh - I can visit it again tomorrow. Whew! I'm ok again now. :D
Patience is a virtue
possess it if you can
seldom in a woman
NEVER in a man.

Now where's my D*** GTO???????

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Dealer called this morning and said that the car is in! I'll be picking it up tomorrow nite :thumbs: Also tomorrow is my last day before retirement. Although I will be going to another job. So its just more of a career change than a full retirement. But I will be close to home and be working outside all summer and no overtime, so more time to play with the new GTO!

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
Wow, you guys have had some long waits. Ordered Sept. 12th 2003 and will most likely see mine around May 12th 2004 (8 months). Makes you wonder how much faster we could have gotten them if the preorder was a "first-come, first-serve" basis.

Haha........ yeah right...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts