LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hope he gets it!
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered I had the passenger window come unglued from the track and when disassembling, i noted that one of the guide clips is broken in 2. I need to replace this before gluing the guide back to the window or it will allow the window to move too much in the door. I've scoured the google pages and can not fine anyone who has this or an alternative part i can use. Does anybody have info on where to track this part down or something else i can use for a replacement?

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
My driver side window became unglued as well, and the thing that worked best for me was windshield weld for re-gluing. It's held for about 10 years.

I tried it after several failed attempts with other glues. The windshield weld allows for some flex, and that's exactly what was required since the clips weren't perfect and the slide guide was no longer perfectly straight.

·
Coco Conocido
777 Posts
I also fixed mine with window weld, and the plastic clip with plastic epoxy. It has held for a few years.
I am careful not to close the door hard, and NEVER close it unless the window is all the way up or all the way down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts