LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Window Tint and Medical Exemption in CT.
Long story short I got pulled over and got warning ticket for window tint. I have around 20% tint
I did nothing wrong. Cop informed me that 3 day ago they got a phone call that a GTO is speeding….:ftw: In the city next to me. So they decided to pull over all GTOs that mach description .

I informed him that It was not me becouse I was at Newark Airport in NJ at that time and I can confirm this is court. After a few minutes he gets back to me saing that it is true it was not me:drink: :judge:
he also coment that my car is loud, but I explained that it is a gto and stock GTO is loud.


Anyway I am light sensitive and I can get medical exemption. I had one from NY state, but I need to get new one from CT + I have to renew it every 2 years. During last 9 years I have never been stopped for window tint so I did not bother to get this exemption.

I am at border line to be oversensitive to light, that Why I need a doctor who will be willing to give it to me lets say based on 90% sensivity (I am sensitive, but not that bed, lets say I am at border line). Anyway driving with tint windows is much safer to me then without it.

What I need from you guys is a phone number or an address of his/her medical office so I can get this exemption. I would like to get someone in Fairfield County (or within 2 hr drive range from Norwark CT). Please PM me on this info.

Please reply I am new to CT.


PM me if you need to know in what City I got pulled over just because other guy in GTO was speeding…(anyway it was close to NYS and LI Sound).
Thanks,
 

·
My normal state of affairs...
Joined
·
5,909 Posts
5.7-04 GTO said:
Cop informed me that 3 day ago they got a phone call that a GTO is speeding….:ftw: In the city next to me. So they decided to pull over all GTOs that mach description.
haha, good thing you didnt say that call was yesterday. cause that would have probly been me:fawkdance

boston to northern jersey in 3hr 15mins. my new record:boink:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,281 Posts
WTF? F'n GOAT nazis. Dumbest thing I ever heard. Let me get this straight. Looking for a speeder 3 days later?
 

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
Joined
·
5,639 Posts
They make clear tint it just filters out UV & etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
GOT1GOAT said:
WTF? F'n GOAT nazis. Dumbest thing I ever heard. Let me get this straight. Looking for a speeder 3 days later?
Yes,
Thats what the cop told me. He also kept me in the car for 15 min.

Do the cops have the right to do it? (pull-over GTOs based on someones phone call to police?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GT086 said:
They make clear tint it just filters out UV & etc.
I do not want that. I want to keep my 20% and since I might be able to do it I do not want to have clear tint + GTO looks better with tint IMO.

Guys please PM with doctors info. I know that you can help me.
 

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
Joined
·
5,639 Posts
5.7-04 GTO said:
I do not want that. I want to keep my 20% and since I might be able to do it I do not want to have clear tint + GTO looks better with tint IMO.

Guys please PM with doctors info. I know that you can help me.
Ahh, so it's not really about your eyes but rather your vanity, I got it now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For your information guys the place is Greenwich, CT.
Every goat should drive slowly in that area. I assume that one of rich people called to take care of our GTOs.
 

·
You held down the T/C button?
Joined
·
3,696 Posts
5.7-04 GTO said:
For your information guys the place is Greenwich, CT.
Every goat should drive slowly in that area. I assume that one of rich people called to take care of our GTOs.
Hey!!... my hometown!! Not everybody is BIG bucks rich though. If you were north of the Post Rd (RT1) absolutely but if you were south of it the rich areas are rather spotty.. Belle Haven, Bruce Park, Millbrook, Old Greenwich, etc. There are a few regular "hoods" in between. :)

From the Parkway south on North St is a speeders "hotspot" because of the 2 schools on the straightaways. Lake Ave and Round Hill Rd are similar.
 

·
Still a communist state
Joined
·
12,479 Posts
I have the flip away license plate....come get me officer! :gears: :gr_jest: I will be getting tints.....what is the CT legal amount?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
speeddemon said:
I have the flip away license plate....come get me officer! :gears: :gr_jest: I will be getting tints.....what is the CT legal amount?
35% is the legal limit in CT, but you should have a sticker from installer that this tint (material) is CT state approved.

Is there anyone that can refer me to good eye doctor? PM me.
 

·
Still a communist state
Joined
·
12,479 Posts
5.7-04 GTO said:
35% is the legal limit in CT, but you should have a sticker from installer that this tint (material) is CT state approved.

Is there anyone that can refer me to good eye doctor? PM me.
allright thanks!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top