LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Looking to buy...
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my windows tinted recently by the local glass shop. The guy that did it said that because of the "dot matrix" (sorry I don't know what its actually called) around the edges of the windows the film may not lay down that well. Overall it's not too bad but along the bottom and top edge of the rear window there are some noticeable "bubbles". Also not as noticeable but around the side windows as well. Has anyone else had this problem? I know lots of cars have these dots on the windows not just GTO's, but this is the first car I have ever had the windows tinted on. Should I bring it back to the tint shop? or is this something I should just live with? Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
no problems here. a quality shop with experienced installer and good materials should be able to do no problem.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
There are two methods to work with this, but yes, it will not "adhere" to them as well as flat glass.

Method 1) Sand them down lightly.
Method 2) Spray paing the dot matrix area black

Then add tint.

·
3,327 Posts
I actually do not mind the bubbles around the dot matrix, did not want to sand it down like CMNT said. What I did mind was the bubbles that showed up after 2 weeks. Had the window re-tinted and problem solved. (I reccomend a shop with a warranty). :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts