LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting Phantom Black. I'm thinking about tinting my windows. I know the darkness of the legal tint varies from state to state. I know here in Michigan the legal tint is not very dark, but does anyone know how I can find out exactly what the legal limit is?

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
So if the MI law posted on this reference website is correct, then no tint for the front or door windows below 4" from the roof, but any tint is legal on the other windows. That fits what I thought I'd heard before. That means there are a LOT of illegal cars out there...

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
It varies from State to State. Here anything behind the front doors can be painted black for all they care, but the windows in the front doors and windshield cannot have any tinting other than the "solar ray" from the factory.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Don't know what the limit is in NC, but the state has vehicle inspections and there is an extra charge to check any after market tinting. I still think the GTO will look sweet with the darker tinting.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Here in Wisconsin most citys have a limit of 35%.

Thats what the wifes Grand Am is tinted to and its black.

Looks sharp and have never been hastled for it and she has the SC/T RamAir hood on it also.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't tell for certain from the pictures if the back and rear windows already have smoked glass. Of you that are already proud owners, can you fill us in on that, and can therefore look to only tinting the front with a light tint.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Rear and back are not smoked glass and I am seriously considering tinting the windows this month to California's legal limit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts