LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its moving into the fall and folks start thinking of winter tires. I believe two keep coming up, Dunlop M3 and Blizzak LM25. I am looking to put them on the stock 17 inch wheels. Which is better for mostly highway driving (70 miles a day)? Should I be considering any others?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
For the highway I would go with the Dunlop M3's because they are a tad bit harder than the LM25's and will not feel as wierd while driving on the highway.

-Dennis

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do want to get a good highway tire.

Any others want to chime in?

·
We are Virgina Tech!
239 Posts
I had blizzaks... they were a little much to handle at first especially when I drove back to VA from NY. PA has some grooved pavement and that will through you for a loop. I had them on for too long and wore them down quite a bit and I did a lot of highway driving. Once I got used to them I liked them and it wasn’t till I went back to my summer tires that I realized the huge difference in feel for the road. They were really fun for sliding around corners once the spring time hit. Overall I liked them I would give them a 7.5/10. They are bit noisy but that’s what the volume knob on the radio is for.

Hunter_rose had M3's on all 4 tires and his were really good. They seemed a bit aggressive looking but overall they handled great you should ask him about them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts