LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
nikivee said:
I don't know how you can call yellow plug wires rice. Just about every muscle car I saw growing up had yellow wires - and most of the rest had orange. It may not be your style, and it may have gone overboard now with the ricer's, but it's definitely old school muscle look.
Dan

·
Chief Poncho
3,032 Posts
not plug wires. Plug wires no problems. Wire Looms that are normally Black, yes. I think it looks tacky as hell. My muslce cars don't have it. And I don't remember anyone back in the day that I knew with muscle cars that had that stuff in their engine bay.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I think part of the problem is the yellow strut brace. If you remove that and clean up the wires a bit, there's nothing wrong with the look of that engine compartment, IMHO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Strut Brace

rschumacherfan1 said:
I think part of the problem is the yellow strut brace. If you remove that and clean up the wires a bit, there's nothing wrong with the look of that engine compartment, IMHO.
Uh Schumacherfan,
:eek: I hope you don't mean remove the brace and toss it in the corner. :eek: That brace ain't for looks. It's there to keep the struts from knockin' on the rocker covers.
I do agree it's a real attention getter when you open the hood. I don't like it. Too much yellow. Best to paint it black (flat) or chrome it. But don't remove it.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I've had all my wires under the hood painted to match my exterior color. Very nice!!
:drink: :drink:

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Orange69Goat said:
Uh Schumacherfan,
:eek: I hope you don't mean remove the brace and toss it in the corner. :eek: That brace ain't for looks. It's there to keep the struts from knockin' on the rocker covers.
I do agree it's a real attention getter when you open the hood. I don't like it. Too much yellow. Best to paint it black (flat) or chrome it. But don't remove it.
You are correct - I meant paint it black or body color, not remove it entirely. I'm not a chrome person either...

Oh, and you can call me Dan - it's easier to type that way.
Dan

·
Registered
45 Posts
rschumacherfan1 said:
You are correct - I meant paint it black or body color, not remove it entirely. I'm not a chrome person either...

Oh, and you can call me Dan - it's easier to type that way.
Dan
Dan,
Body color ... good thought. :cool:

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
rschumacherfan1 said:
I don't know how you can call yellow plug wires rice. Just about every muscle car I saw growing up had yellow wires - and most of the rest had orange. It may not be your style, and it may have gone overboard now with the ricer's, but it's definitely old school muscle look.
Dan

I agree with you Sir. Brings the Old Yellow Jackets to mind. Remember those?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts