LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Refuse to lose.
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, yesterday night(Thursday) was much better. It was bumper to bumper tonight, which I don't mind, but it got real ugly around 14 Mile where the cops decided to route everyone away from Woodward to shut down everyone's fun I guess. Ended up doing a couple double-backs and circles to get back on but then they started on 13 Mile with the same crap. Gave up and drove home. This all happened around 11:00-11:30 PM. Last night it was all lanes open from Royal Oak all the way to Pontiac. Oh well. It's 1:00 AM now- maybe I'll go back out there. All the family folks and maybe some of the cops are in bed now.

I saw a bad-ass metallic burnt orange or copper-colored new GTO out there. I didn't see well enough to guage if it was a custom-painted '05 or an '06(didn't get a look at the plate) but I gave him a redline rev from 2 lanes over and the driver, a guy appearing to be in his late 40s, looked over, spotted me and gave a rev in reply with a big SEG on his face. My g/f snapped a pic of his car and I'll post it if it turns out OK. Saw 2 other MBMs on the southbound side, couldn't get to them. That was it as far as modern GTOs.

Going to go back tomorrow during the day. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys out there and maybe get more pics. Where are all the metro Detroit forum members???

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
-db- said:
I saw a bad-ass metallic burnt orange or copper-colored new GTO out there. I didn't see well enough to guage if it was a custom-painted '05 or an '06(didn't get a look at the plate) but I gave him a redline rev from 2 lanes over and the driver, a guy appearing to be in his late 40s, looked over, spotted me and gave a rev in reply with a big SEG on his face. My g/f snapped a pic of his car and I'll post it if it turns out OK. Saw 2 other MBMs on the southbound side, couldn't get to them. That was it as far as modern GTOs
-db-,
I was out there in my buddies trailblazer, my GTO is up at AFG for the next few weeks. I saw that burnt Orange GTO as well. Thats the new 2006 color, I talked to the guy him and his wife were in the parking garage over on Main going to dinner, he works for GM. They've planted a lot of the new cars and colors to drive up and down all weekend.

Matt

·
Refuse to lose.
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
topperge said:
-db-,
I was out there in my buddies trailblazer, my GTO is up at AFG for the next few weeks. I saw that burnt Orange GTO as well. Thats the new 2006 color, I talked to the guy him and his wife were in the parking garage over on Main going to dinner, he works for GM. They've planted a lot of the new cars and colors to drive up and down all weekend.

Matt
Cool. It was definitely a hot-looking color/car. I didn't see nearly as many new GTOs out there as I thought I would but that guy and I exchanging revs and SEGs alone made the entire trip and cruise worth it.

I forgot to mention, to the dorky middle-aged guy reliving his youth in the electric blue Cobra with the blue-lit pillar guages listening to some kind of Lite rock music station who kept practicing launches every single time traffic inched forward(not that there's anything wrong with a little fun but you had to act the fool and do it EVERY SINGLE TIME the car in front of you moved forward 15 feet for about 3 miles/1 hour...my g/f got done being impressed after like the 10th time you did it :rolleyes: ) right next to me, what'd Royal Oak's finest have to say when they finally pulled you onto the median for a little chat? I saw that lol...

·
Refuse to lose.
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bah, my car won't start so I'm gonna go pull fuses and troubleshoot this thing. Maybe yank some more stuff off the car. It's prolly gonna rain and ruin the cruise today so I'm just gonna stay around the house and get stuff done. I had enough fun out there Thursday and Friday. Hope the weather holds for you all and you get to enjoy the day. If I get this thing running I might head out late tonight one last time. We'll see. Let's get some reports from you other guys who go out today!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I was there last night from about 8 till 11. I too saw there copper,burnt orange gto. Lots of beautiful cars there. I wish I would of gone on weds or thurs,too crowded last night,and today.Forget about it. I`ll watch it on tv.

·
No Problemo
731 Posts
01ws6m6conv said:
I was there last night from about 8 till 11. I too saw there copper,burnt orange gto. Lots of beautiful cars there. I wish I would of gone on weds or thurs,too crowded last night,and today.Forget about it. I`ll watch it on tv.
I saw the Orange GTO as well. It had owner plates and the tail lights looked ot be the 2006 GOT-approved ones... Im kinda curious how someone has one already. :secret:

·
Refuse to lose.
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
OK, here's the pic my g/f snapped of the burnt orange/copper GTO. It looks like shit but you can catch a glimpse of the tail lamps and half of the plate. Forgive her, I just got her the camera and she's still figuring the thing out. Anyway, upon close inspection it IS an owner plate. The tails are also '06 spec. Hmmm...is this an '06 factory showcar or...?

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Ok guys, half of the CTF fleet has regular plates, thats a 2006 pilot car. There are three orange ones here and I was driving a blue 2006 pilot all day on Woodward with HRJ and Bowdawg :)

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
GTPprix said:
Ok guys, half of the CTF fleet has regular plates, thats a 2006 pilot car. There are three orange ones here and I was driving a blue 2006 pilot all day on Woodward with HRJ and Bowdawg :)
Bah, I thought that was you Chris, but I thought you'd be in the Cosmos monster, shoulda opened my mouth and said hi, oh well.

·
MyGirl
614 Posts
GTPprix said:
Chris,Joe and Bowdang WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?????

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
Who was the guy with the Torrid Red GTO with the AP "Lip" Spoiler and MPD Hood out there?

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
GTPprix said:
I was driving a blue 2006 pilot all day on Woodward with HRJ and Bowdawg :)
lucky fookers :p

·
21,898 Posts
GTPprix said:
It's all about the skilllzzz BTW when addressing the Texans, it's FOOKERS not FOOKS. :patriot: :p
thats what I put? :gr_devil:

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
-db- said:
OK, here's the pic my g/f snapped of the burnt orange/copper GTO. It looks like shit but you can catch a glimpse of the tail lamps and half of the plate. Forgive her, I just got her the camera and she's still figuring the thing out. Anyway, upon close inspection it IS an owner plate. The tails are also '06 spec. Hmmm...is this an '06 factory showcar or...?

No need to apologize for your g/f. It has that "artsy" look to it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I ran into...errr, Chris got my attention in his 2006...I was quite confused for a while. But it was good to see somebody out there. first time ever, my LS1GTO sticker came in handy! :p

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
My other half and I were out there Thursday/Friday/Saturday. Saw 4 or 5 newer Goats out there each day but I didn't know who was who. :(

We also saw the Fusion Orange out there with the black taillights but wanted to make sure it was a 2006 so we yealled at the guy who was a couple of lanes over and he nodded his head yes, it was a 2006. The guy was probably mid to late 40's with his female friend/wife. When we saw the license plate it was a manufacturers plate.

We also saw Chris (GTPprix), HRJ and Dan Long at Freedom Hill today (Sunday) at the Goat Fest with AP's yellow Goat. Of all the GTO's there, Arrowhead Performance's yellow Goat drew the biggest crowd by far! That shaker hood is nice, REAL nice!

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
MMMM, Brazen Orange.... yeah, it rained for a short while during the cruise! HRJ was so pissed off he didn't get to see the brazen drive by again.

And about an hour later it was all dry again and look what rolls by... (the crazy guy wouldn't stop in for some reason ;) )

Attachments

·
21,898 Posts
BowdawG said:
MMMM, Brazen Orange.... yeah, it rained for a short while during the cruise! HRJ was so pissed off he didn't get to see the brazen drive by again.

oooohhhh.......yeah where are the HRJ pro photos of the orange?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts