LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Enthusiast
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So AJT and I went out to the WA Autox. Was my 2nd autox, her first. I think she enjoyed it a bit. She was running in F-Stock on the stock KDWS, and so was at a disadvantage against all the people running on R-compounds (IE, everyone else in her class). I was bringing up the rear in STU.

The RM division is sort of harsh on newbies because there are so many nationally competitive people here.. but on the bright side, you can definately learn a lot from the great drivers out here.

Didn't get too many pictures, but had a few decent ones:

If you've never done an autox, even the stock GTO is a ton of fun. The season is winding down, but there's one more on 7 October up at DIA. You can sign up here:
http://www.rmsolo.org/

Any questions about registering, feel free to ask. I don't know if AJT and I will be able to make that one, though.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
I am planning to attend the Oct 7 event at DIA. And will be running in STU.
Hope to see you both there.

I have only been to 3-4 events at World Arena over the past 3-4 years. I have a hard time talking myself into that long drive from Ft.C to CoSprings. Gots to leave by 6:00 to make the 8:30 signin deadline.
I saw the course map - looks like they had to reduce the amount of parking lot they had used a year ago - bummer. They always make some fun courses there.

·
Enthusiast
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, I just got a flat tire, and put snow tires on my stock wheels.. so no more autox's for me until the spring, when I can buy a new set of wheels/tires for autox. :(

I have a hard time making it up to the DIA events since it starts early ;) I feel your pain. Unfortunately for us, it looks like the World Arena venue is going away - they are building a hotel literally next to the parking lot, and the organizers are thinking that because of that, we won't be able to run there any more :(

How were you doing against Russ and Brian in STU? They're pretty good guys; I dunno if you tried talking to them.. but they are really friendly and definately helped me out. Russ was kicking himself. After the autox, they did two fun runs.. on the fun run, he ran a 52.xxx where his best 'official' time was 54.xxx. Doh!

·
is definitely rain man.
668 Posts
I hear you about the RM section of the SCCA being competitive. That's why you should do the BMW auto-xs next year. They are much more laid back and you get more runs anyway. Not sure if we will attend the Oct. 7th event or not.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
I just realized that I am going to PMI on the 6th - So I most likely will not Auto-X on the 7th.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts