LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
IBM GTO owner
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have an A4 GTO, and i've known since the second day i've had the car it wouldn't go past 88% throttle. Well i looked into it a little bit and found that on my car the traction control actuator has a stop that will not alow the throttle to open any further. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I know my Trans Am has never had this problem as it does go wot with out any issues. I plan to be swapping the TA one onto the car to rectify the situation. I don't know if this is how the GTO is supposed to be so i haven't exactly complained about it yet while the car has been for service.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I had this problem on my SS. I was only seeing 4.2V on the TPS sensor when I should've been seeing 4.6-4.7. On the SS there were a couple of small boxes inline with the throttle cables. I adjusted these until the throttle would read 4.6V on the sensor and still close all the way.

I've only seen one of these boxes on my GTO so far. It's about 3" long and less than an inch wide I'd say. There's a clip that you open up and that lets you adjust the cable. Then hold it there and push the clip down to lock it into place. Check your throttle and keep adjusting.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
That part (in the plastic black cylindrical cover) is the throttle relaxer on cars equipped with traction control (all our cars). The second is the old TPS free mod. But be warned, if you grind it down too much and go over that 4.7v, you'll set a DTC illuminating your Check Engine light.

·
IBM GTO owner
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i already had to grind it down some to actually hit wot, but my other problem is the traction control actuator that was stopping the throttle blade at 3.77 v at wot with the cable attached, with the cable off it goes to 4.67 now, it was 4.3v before i ground it down a bit. I know the box your talking about its on the right hand side on top of the intake. I guess i will have to try adjusting that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts