LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another guy posted that he had a 17 x 8 40mm offset and it fit fine. I would assume you could do it with a 18 too but what size tire front and rear? He has stock tires.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PhantomGTO said:
Another guy posted that he had a 17 x 8 40mm offset and it fit fine. I would assume you could do it with a 18 too but what size tire front and rear? He has stock tires.

Ans likewise in a 19 x 8

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I'm running 17x8's 40mm offset and 245/45's. No problems.

18x8(40mm) should fit fine up front with a tire that is no wider than the stock 245/45's.

18x9(40mm) with a tire no wider than 265 should fit - BUT, it will require rolling the fenders.

Padre

* disclaimer - this is my personal opinion based on limited experience. Your mileage may vary.

·
Post Mortem
1,505 Posts
Im running 18x8 40mm offset on all 4 corners with no issues. This may not work on all GTOs due to the fact that the cars are not all made to the exact same specs.

·
Registered
588 Posts
mike24 said:
Im running 18x8 40mm offset on all 4 corners with no issues. This may not work on all GTOs due to the fact that the cars are not all made to the exact same specs.
What tire sizes front & rear?

·
Post Mortem
1,505 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
What tire sizes front & rear?
245/40's x 18 on all corners and to explain a little more on way the cars are put together . The cars are put together buy several different people and may not put a fender on the same way everytime or inner fender , ETC. if you now what i mean. A tire may not rub on one car but the same tire may rub on another .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts