LS1GTO Forums banner

Would you like your GTO wheels in 18" and look the same?

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  speed_demon_freak 
#1 ·
Hi :) . I know many of you like the look of your 17" GTO wheels, but at the same time would like to go to 18" wheels. Well for those that would like to have 18"s but still keep the look of your 17"s this will help you out.

Over here we have your 17" whels fitted to our GMH VY SS Ute, but the VY SS sedan has the 18"s. 18" wheels P/N 92108750 will as stated get you an identical looking mag to what your GTO already has, but it will be 18" instead. Anyone needing more information feel free to PM me :)

#5 ·
speed_demon_freak said:
Wow the 17" wheel goes for $189 plus shipping comes out to $227 a wheel.

I would like to get 2 of those wheels.

Damn.

Thanks for the info.
That's ok anytime glad I can help. Always more then happy to share information with fellow owners of one of the finest coupes in the world :thumbs: . You might like to check with your local Pontiac or GM spare parts dealer as they may be able to help you out. I do know that ROH Wheels Australia actually make these wheels so that might be another option to you also.

#6 ·
IMHO, if I were buying new wheels (I already did!), I would get something flashier than the OEM wheels. Don't get me wrong, they're not BAD wheels, just kind of "blah" for such a sweet ride.

#8 ·
I too love the look of stock wheels. Ideally I would have a set of stock wheels that are 18x8" for the front and 18x9" for the rear. But I bet they would get heavy. The wheels I have on order are these sizes but both wheels weigh less than the 17x8" stock wheel, or so I have been promised. Once they all get here I will weigh and know for sure.

#9 ·
gto_in_nc said:
Matter of preference. I happen to really like the OEM wheels! :p
I am with you on that one. My little sister told me that she didnt like the stockers, but then again she is from the 'Bling Bling' generation. These wheels would have looked Killer on my elCamino. Hopefully, they will be on the new elCamino when (if?) it comes from Holden like the rumors say.

#10 ·
Well if you guys/gals have any trouble getting them over there and really want a set in 18" let me know and I'll send some accross. I wouldn't expect you would have any trouble in obtaining them over the counter in the U.S. with the part number I have provided.

Me personaly I think they are the best looking wheel GMH has made to date. And please beleive me when I say the 18" wheels look even better then the 17"s. Because they are slightly bigger they just seem to look alot better.

#13 ·
AmesGTO said:
I like the stock rims, but they are way to hard to wash.
Amen. I think for the show I am going to pull off each wheel and wash it seperately. Of course now it is raining and cold, so may not be able to.

#14 ·
Seriously??? Hmmm... Mine have been extremely easy to clean, I thought! In fact, I have been marvelling at how clean they stay - either my wheels have something on them (they bead water like crazy so that may be the case - the car had just been put inside the dealer's showroom so they may have wanted to make sure it stay clean and shiny) or I simply feel spoiled after the 20,000 openings on the alloy wheels on my old SLE - the wheels alone on the Bonnie could take an hour to clean!

#15 ·
gto_in_nc said:
Seriously??? Hmmm... Mine have been extremely easy to clean, I thought! In fact, I have been marvelling at how clean they stay - either my wheels have something on them (they bead water like crazy so that may be the case - the car had just been put inside the dealer's showroom so they may have wanted to make sure it stay clean and shiny) or I simply feel spoiled after the 20,000 openings on the alloy wheels on my old SLE - the wheels alone on the Bonnie could take an hour to clean!
I noticed the beading water also. At first I thought the dealership probably put oil on the tires and rims, but it doesn't seem to be wearing off the rims at all.

Anywhere a rag can wipe the rims are easy to clean. The problem is the shape of the rims. It's nearly impossible to clean in the corners. The rims on the original show car GTO would have been much easier to clean.

#16 ·
gto_in_nc said:

haha yeah i know what you mean. i have the "honeycomb" style rims on my GTP. ive given up on trying to keep them looking good.

i think the stock wheels are a little plane. but then again, i am part of the "bling bling" generation as warren puts it.

i would love to put some nice chromes or high polish aluminums on the Goat but i dont think i can justify spending the money again. froms the boards its looking like we are talking atleast $4000 for a good wheel and tire package. plus i would have to change back to stocks for the winter months.

i have 18 chromes for my GTP so this what i do now. they look awesome and i love them, but it gets old after a few years. plus driving in chicago land area with low profile tires is NOT a good idea. so i plan on saving my money and putting it towards MODS.

#17 ·
I invested about $.98 (98 cents) in a "wheel brush". Real soft bristled brush... kinda looks like a miniature toilet brush. Anyway, it cleans those "nooks and crannies" real well.

BTW, on "show days", I DO remove each wheel and clean them one at a time... and while it's off, I clean inside the wheel well, the rotors, the calipers, and everything else I can reach. This process has become part of my Saturday cruising ritual.

It's supposed to rain all weekend, so I'm off the hook this Saturday. :)

#19 · (Edited)
speed_demon_freak said:
What size are those 18" wheels?
18x8
18x9
18x10

Thanks
They are 18" x 8".

They are much easier to clean as well, you can fit your hand right through the spokes and clean right inside the wheel no problems at all. I must admit the 17"s are hard to get your hand right around through them and under the brake disc. I hate when you cut your hand in a hurry in the disc as it's dam sharp and leaves a nasty gash. Had 4 stitches already doing this so becareful.

#20 ·
gtodriver7 said:
haha yeah i know what you mean. i have the "honeycomb" style rims on my GTP. ive given up on trying to keep them looking good.
What I do for the GTA wheels on the TTA is to spray Eagle 1 wheel cleaner on them and give it blast of water from the pressure washer. It cleans up perfect. This is just the cheap washer that Home Depot sells.

It used to take 1/2-1 hour per wheel when I was cleaning them by hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.