·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the flares. Gives it a more aggressive look. :gr_devil:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
you can get it from some Australian aftermarket people.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually spoke to someone on the Australian LS1 site who said he could get it for the GTO. I'm seriously considering it. :D It would be pretty sweet to have what would most likely be one of the only GTOs in the U.S. with that kit. :cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
although I don't dislike the kit, I don't think it adds anything to the car either. the fender flairs are kinda cliche' at the moment and I think that the stock GTO is much sleeker. I'd really just like a different hood or perhaps to redo the center stack in carbon fibre instead of black plastic. But if you like it, go for it - the GTO will still be a cool car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like your honesty. Either way I think the car looks great. I guess my view is
somewhat shaped by my first love which is the GMC Typhoon. I bought the
Typhoon last year and sold it to my brother this year. I guess the bodykit
shown above reminds me of the fender flares and appearance package offered
on the Typhoon, maybe that's why I like it so much.

Either way the GTO is an awesome car. I can't believe how many compliments
I receive when I'm out cruising or at the track - A LOT more than my Typhoon
ever got. :)

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but with the flairs, would that allow one to put wider tires on the back? Regardless of the look, that would be a very functional appearance upgrade.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
I believe the widebody flare is stamped into the fender and not an add on piece. This would make adding it to the car extremely costly and difficult. To make matters worse, the whole front and rear bumpers as well as all four quarters would need to be swapped and most likely the lower side skirts and more. Not exactly cheep, but it would look different and would allow pretty wide tires front and rear.

On that note, i'd go for something like this, except with a little more of the current GTO look to it and a lot less stuff to change, but ONLY if it allows wider tires without cutting / bending of sheet metal. Not just some fender flares that go over the current fenders since that wouldnt give any more room for tire.

·
Registered
347 Posts
this is the coupe 4 it has flared wheel arches because it is AWD with a 70/30 split... The rolled gaurds are to allow for the AWD stuff and to make the monaro widder better gripping. This is done by HSV... Unlike the HSV GTO and GTS kits this kit has been modified for this wider stance. I would recomend the HSV GTO or GTS kits for a simpilar conversion.

www.hsv.com.au

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Razinhell said:
The rear of that car is awesome!!! Where do i buy it??? LOL. I would keep all my original parts and just replace the rear and add in a dual exhaust set up.

Looking again at the rear, it does have the dual exhaust cut outs. But with the double pipes comming out of both sides it looks more like a kit for the G.A. or the G.P. Plus it also sort of looks like a Viper rear end with the cut outs in the center. (w/out the pipes), But like others have said, "it's your choice to like or dislike it."

ROK :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts