·
Kernal Sanders
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
wow....I cant drive for...

Well I officaally suck.......
14.147 at 102.32
the temp was 69 and humidity 100 Barameter 30.23
My 60 was 2.310 I couldnt launch.....this was my 1st time racing a manual tranny......how do I improve .....just practice practice practice? or can someone tell me some useful info? I feel I discraced the Goat tonight.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Don't feel bad. I couldn't even get decent times on the online drag race, let alone a real car.

·
3,327 Posts
I hope to get those numbers, actually. First time ever at the test and tune, first time at the drag strip. Still 2 weeks away.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Nah, don't sweat those numbers. You're only about 3/10ths off from the advertised ET, and those 3/10ths are in your 60' times. Different tires/track conditions/launch technique and you'll be fine. hahahahaha, listen to me, like I know what I'm talking about... but seriously, wasn't it FUN!? I can't wait for my drag radials to arrive so I can go back and try again. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Your Location?

AnoxieGTO said:
Well I officaally suck.......
14.147 at 102.32
the temp was 69 and humidity 100 Barameter 30.23
My 60 was 2.310 I couldnt launch.....this was my 1st time racing a manual tranny......how do I improve .....just practice practice practice? or can someone tell me some useful info? I feel I discraced the Goat tonight.
Where you at? I'll trim that down at least 3/4 of a second.

slick50

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
DevilYellow said:
...put some dragradials on it and do a "DY" launch...
LOL, I'm scared to ask, but what the hell is a "DY" launch? I can only imagine how DevilYellow might fire his Goat off the line! :D

·
Kernal Sanders
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol .... but really I want to know how SLP pulled a time 1 second faster or more than me!?I mean I know driving matters ALOT on the 6 speed but a whole second. In general compared to other cars is the goat hard to launch?

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
For every tenth in the 0-60, its .14 at the end. Shave that down to a 1.9 and you'll be over a .5 second faster. Shifting the car could be a couple of tenths also.

Practice is all it takes.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I am scared that when I do my first ever 1/4 mile I will suck worse then anyone in the world has ever sucked. I have been on the lookout for a good practice launching area but haven't found one yet. Spring is here and the track is now open. I am getting itchy............
:drink: :drink:

·
Kernal Sanders
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you guys are so supportive, thanks I am going to be making a couple of trips to the closer 1/8th and if I can get down to 2.XX or better take her back to the bend.....I really need some lanuch tips....1st I was going to launch from 1500 and slip the clutch but I got over excited and dumped her and wheel hopped like a lil b*tch then I decided to go from Idel and slip the clutch I did alittle better but spun that time and produced the run I posted... Then it was all down hill next run I missed 3rd and final run I spun threw 1st 2nd and into 3rd till I let off b/c I was going to hit a wall...

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
You went around the bleach box, right Anoxie?

Dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts