LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going home last night, 4 lane road, I'm doing about 20 after leaving the light. As I pull up on a red Neon, I realize it's a SRT. The guy is waiting on me, and as I get up to his rear wheel, he punches it. I lay into it, and by the time we shut it down, at about 110, I only had pulled even with him! To say that I was impressed with that little car would be an understatement. Of course, I don't have any idea of his mod's, if any, but nevertheless, those cars are not to be taken lightly. :eek2:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
I heard one go by the other day. I liked the way the exaust sounded.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
TprGTO said:
I heard one go by the other day. I liked the way the exaust sounded.
yes, the stock exhaust is quite "rumbly" for a 4 banger. not a high pitched whine at all.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
The only one I've seen @ the track(Milan near Detroit) had Stg 2 and DR on the front. Ran several 13.2-13.4's.But it did seem to die a little in the last 1/8.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
I've heard some going 12.7 stange II etc. people that own SRT4s think they can beat anything. I know a Chrysler tech, I told him I thought SRT4s are cool he told me modding one is like pulling the pin on a gernade.
http://www.turboneon.com/deadsrt4.wmv

he was right.

they are cheap and fast, but actually don't handle well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
HRJ said:
Going home last night, 4 lane road, I'm doing about 20 after leaving the light. As I pull up on a red Neon, I realize it's a SRT. The guy is waiting on me, and as I get up to his rear wheel, he punches it. I lay into it, and by the time we shut it down, at about 110, I only had pulled even with him! To say that I was impressed with that little car would be an understatement. Of course, I don't have any idea of his mod's, if any, but nevertheless, those cars are not to be taken lightly. :eek2:
He had some kind of a stage 2 kit. I had the same exact race from a 2nd gear roll at 40 and we took it to about 90. His nose was by my door the whole time. Definetly a headache :punch:

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
GMH GTO said:
I've heard some going 12.7 stange II etc. people that own SRT4s think they can beat anything. I know a Chrysler tech, I told him I thought SRT4s are cool he told me modding one is like pulling the pin on a gernade.
http://www.turboneon.com/deadsrt4.wmv

he was right.

they are cheap and fast, but actually don't handle well.
I hate to see anyone blow up a car. Even when they pull a 12.9 doing it.

I like the little neon. Any car doing that deserves respect. Not my cup of tea but a good car none the less. Now if they put the semi-hemi in the Neon, I may have to buy me one...

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Could be, Mopar has use many a Mitsu motor in the past.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
GMH GTO said:
I've heard some going 12.7 stange II etc. people that own SRT4s think they can beat anything. I know a Chrysler tech, I told him I thought SRT4s are cool he told me modding one is like pulling the pin on a gernade.QUOTE]
Tick Tick Tick...

It would be interesting to know how much you would have to spend on this thing to get into the 12's and not sacrifice longevity. Methinks you'd be close enough to the cost of a GTO that you would have to ask yorself, "Why am I driving a Neon?"

1 - 20 of 260 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.