LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW!

Ordered Diff Technics one piece drive shaft Sunday 5:30 PM. Recieved Wednesday 1:00 PM. If this DS blows me away half as much as their service i'll be one happy camper. I'll do a follow up in this post once i get it installed. :D :D :D thanks Kurt

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Damn thats fast...

·
ChimChim is in the HD's trunk
4,966 Posts
No it does not come all the way across the US. It's from a US supplier.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
North Carolina from the return addy. much quicker than i had dreaded. i may have this thing up and going for this weekend. :) so far i've only weighed it. it comes in just about exactly the same as the stock unit even tho it looks HUGE

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, took me 2 1/2 hrs but then it takes me a half an hour to get off of the floor. really isn't too bad an install. i didn't take any pix of the install because it's been done before here. a couple of pains are trying to torque to 90# while wedged under a car. not easy and i'll feel it tomorrow. the other is turning in those four u-joint bolts that go into the adaptor plate. you can only use an open end and it takes one billion turns to get them in. i also couldn't get even my 3/8" socket on them to torque so i used blue loc tite and jerked as hard as i could with my open end wrench. i'm surprised that i had as much clearance around my custom exhaust. i think i'm only going to have to get one hanger redone. at 3 1/2" diameter this thing looks huge and if the adage it true; it's not the length, it's the girth then ziggy is going to be satisfied and ready to smoke :). right now it's raining like a monsoon and it's suposed to snow tomorrow so i won't road test it until the weather breaks, possibly Friday. i'll post up my impressions then. here are some pix. these are for you Kurt...

Twisted Taffy...

Three piece drive shaft...

Tunnel Bang

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
big torque cam, sticky tires mixed with wheel hop

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Diff Technics 550 HP Drive Shaft Review

ok, i got the car out for a short spin. the sun was shining and the roads had dried up so i put on my sun glasses and took the car to the muffler shop to get the passenger side hanger redone. of course as soon as i got there it started snowing again :mad:. anyways what i could tell about the shaft is that it wasn't bad at all. there was a definate slight vibration at 47 mph and i took it up to 100. i'm sure there should have been one at 94 mph but i couldn't tell from all of the other stuff at that speed. the biggest thing i noticed tho was for want of better words, a "more connected" feeling. i could feel a bit more of the road and if i stomped it or let up, the car responded. i never noticed it before but the stock unit gave a slingshot feel or delay when you stomped it. i'm sure it was from the shaft loading up. while it was up on the lift the guys at the shop and myself looked it over and pushed and pulled on the exhaust pipes. they seem to be really solid. i'm suprised that the mufflers fit as well as they did. i was sure they'd have to be moved. the guys at Muffler Man in Jenison, MI have really taken care of me. they rewelded my pipes and fixed my x-pipe earlier in the week and redid my hanger today, all for free. i think they just like to hear the car :D. with every mod i've done to my car it has taken it a bit away from the "BMW" kind of feel and more to the muscle car kind of feel. the drive shaft is one more step. there's no looking back and all in all it's been a good thing so far. sunday i'm going to the track to see if i need a tow home again...

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
all of the above. if i spin it's fine. if it grabs, it's fine. if i had the old torque it would have been fine. grab..slip..(hop)..grab..(hop)..slip..(hop)..grab..snap :(

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Wow. Resurrected after a year on ice.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the flood of painful memories comes back :(

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
ya. i took it to a local drive line shop and they balanced it and welded on the weights instead of pop rivets. it's smooth now. very different than the sponge bob stock thing and they clang a little but i'm so used to it now i don't notice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts