LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
didn't get my last post in

but here it was

some people should learn to get over things, also I am just astonished at how people rip apart others after all this. Its a volunteer thing, nobody got paid......5yrs worth....Joey does a ridiculous amount of work and like i said earlier he is no spring chicken ;)

there are ways to say things without shitting on the people who put the event together.

what leadership? do you think anyone here wants to step up and try to fulfill Joey's shoes after all this. If there was a chance he might change his mind later in the year and do it again I can guarantee there is no way in hell now. I guess thats one way to make the event go out with a bang.....nice job people.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
I didn't get mine in either.

I had a HELL OF A GOOD TIME! Do I wish some things were different, sure. Will I go to another even if nothing is changed? HELL YES.

There was a ton of work done by a lot of people to put this together, and for that I THANK YOU ALL !

Yes, I wish it had been an all 2004 / 2005 / 2006 event.

But hey, can't we just all get along!

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
I realy don't see why the thread was locked no rules where broke...

·
21,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
several people asked for it to be locked, a good bit of raw feelings hurt

btw how you doin...and dan? anyone ever hear from burger king anymore?

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
i'm fine don't know anything about Dan .. Chad kinda fell off the face of the earth

·
2/23/2007 = [email protected]
3,962 Posts
I agree.....I could be incorrect....but, believe only one individual openly suggested it be locked.

Now I'm not saying it's true or not, as I have no clue one way or another, only what I've read....in summary.....that JoeyD said he was stepping down long before the current announcment, and there was not going to be a 6th GTO Rally.......why were those who were unable to attend this past event (for whatever reason) openly invited to attend next years GTO Rally (6th), instead of something like......we'll miss you this year; sorry you can't make it, you'll be missed; etc, etc......I probably can answer my own question.....but prefer not to assume incorrectly, as it's always better to know for sure.

·
Banned
101 Posts
Doc, JoeyD, I'd like to formally apologize to both of you for my part in the earlier debacle. I didn't attend and probably shouldn't have made a comment.

Carry on.

·
Girls Taking Over
1,437 Posts
I don't believe anyone on the committe who knew of the "no 6th Annual" ever commented on "see you next year" only...."you will be missed" and for the most part those who did not show up, they were missed. If anyone was openly invited, am sure it was an oversight on the committee's part as the intention was not to mislead.

In life there will always be someone who will try to bring down your happiness, try to degrade you, try to step on the good deeds you do. How you handle it is what makes a person. Most people are not judged by their mistakes in life but their ways of coping, dealing, and overcoming.
Life is too short to dwell on things, so, I won't and if you or others choose to, well, enjoy because it just won't matter in the long run.
Take care of yourself, for no one will do it better.

·
Banned
101 Posts
Since she was nice enough to edit her post, I have removed mine....

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts

but here it was

some people should learn to get over things, also I am just astonished at how people rip apart others after all this. Its a volunteer thing, nobody got paid......5yrs worth....Joey does a ridiculous amount of work and like i said earlier he is no spring chicken ;)

there are ways to say things without shitting on the people who put the event together.

what leadership? do you think anyone here wants to step up and try to fulfill Joey's shoes after all this. If there was a chance he might change his mind later in the year and do it again I can guarantee there is no way in hell now. I guess thats one way to make the event go out with a bang.....nice job people.
I was born on March 2............so I guess you're right. You got me on a technicality :slap:

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
As far as the original post, my intention was to rant personally about local no-shows tastefully. In no way would I have imagined the onslaught would be so disrespectful in nature. I hope the event committee knows me well enough to realize my intentions are always for the best. TODD

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
As far as the original post, my intention was to rant personally about local no-shows tastefully. In no way would I have imagined the onslaught would be so disrespectful in nature. I hope the event committee knows me well enough to realize my intentions are always for the best. TODD
Sure buddy . . . .
:slap:

J/K Todd. We know you are a stand-up kinda guy!

:gr_jest:

·
21,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
probably one of the classiest guys/racers around these parts

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts

but here it was

I can say that Joey did a hell of a job putting this together along with the rest of those who helped. I know how much work it is first hand so THANK YOU Joey for all of your hard work. Could some things be better, IMHO yes. They are like assholes, everyone can be one. :D That said I didn't get a chance to defend myself against a personal attack so I'll just post the PM's I sent to Frank. :) Hopefully noone will mind and sorry if you do.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
1 of 2

You are such a shit talking, smurfing moron.
:gr_jest: Such class.

Our first final round together, the round in which you said you kicked my ass. Why dont you look at the time slip where it says reaction time. Oh wait, there are no numbers there. Because we both left before the tree activated and the timing system didnt record reaction times. Obviously you took a shot at the tree, a smart move since that was the only way you had a chance to win. So without those numbers how do you know you wouldn't have went red if it was a pro tree? You don't. You also could have gone .000 and beat me. But did you? No one will ever know, because there ARE NO TIMES THERE!
I have never went red on a pro tree in this car ever. It weighs nearly 4000lbs and takes alot to get moving, especially with an IRS. The amber came on and I left. When I went by the tree the amber and red were on. The amber would not have been on if I left before it came on.

But yet you get on here and give your OPINION that you "wore me out", yet on both our runs I had a faster ET and my win light turned on both times.
My opinion is that I beat your ass on that pass. Your win light cam on on the first pass because I left first. I would not have went red on a pro tree and I beat you to the stripe by a full car length. It doesn't matter though because it didn't count so quit smurfing crying.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
2 of 2

If you are so much better than me as a driver, and your car is so much faster, why didn't you whip my ass in the next round? I got your punk ass at the tree and I didn't even SEE YOU at the finish line.
I never claimed to be a better driver or have a faster car. Get your facts straight dumbass. I even said more than once you had the quicker car. Oh wait, I guess I did post the fastest MPH so I did have the "fastest" car.
Every other dude on here that expressed his opinion that my car didn't belong there is entitled to it. I can respect them for it. You are just a punk at the highest level, who is just a sore loser. You expected to roll everyone there, thinking you were the baddest man on the property. When someone showed up with more than you its no good and its time for you to make excuses.
:gr_jest: Your reading comprehension skills suck about as much as you do as a person. I have said over and over and once more for your non reading ass that I had no problem with your car. I looked forward to running you and knew that it would be tough to beat a car of that caliber. I had nothing but respect for your car.
I also find it funny that you had nothing to say to me at the track that day, you had to wait two weeks later to run your mouth hiding behind your computer. I'm not surprised, fits the description of a shit talking punk.
Once again, you should look into hooked on phonics. It really does work. Maybe this time you will understand. I had no beef with you at the track. You never did anything wrong. You brought a badass car and ran it, beating almost everyone you lined up against. I don't need a computer to run my mouth. It works just fine in person. If I would have had a problem with you, believe me, you would have known it. Just ask the track officials if my mouth works in person. The only reason I started talking shit to you was because you came on the board misstating the facts of what you ran and being ****y. (I hate ****y [email protected]). I was actually playing around and you got your panties in a bunch.

:gr_jest: Wow. Cry me a river.

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
for what it's worth I had a great time at the EC shoot out :)

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
"Why dont you look at the time slip where it says reaction time. Oh wait, there are no numbers there. Because we both left before the tree activated"
If any one left before the tree was activated you would see an "LB3A" on the slip.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
"Why dont you look at the time slip where it says reaction time. Oh wait, there are no numbers there. Because we both left before the tree activated"
If any one left before the tree was activated you would see an "LB3A" on the slip.
That is what both reaction times were. We both left on the first amber because we thought it was a pro tree. The debate could go on forever and there is no chance of proving I didn't red light if it would have been a pro tree. It's over now and I will move on. I never had any intentions of bringing it up anyway because of that. I just didn't like the attitude of the competition. :) I always try to be humble and can't stand when someone is ****y. It just rubs me the wrong way.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts