LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
I'm taken & she LOVES racing!
2,660 Posts
t - bones and frank -

You BOTH need to chill out and relax. It was JUST as couple of races for a rediculously small amount of money. No one was going to live or die over the out come and no one is loosing their livelyhood over the out come. Thus why are you both up in arms over this??

The mere fact that both of your cars run as fast as they do garners you BOTH HUUUUGE respect from the rast of the GTO community.

As a competitor in the sporting clays world (an being WORLD ranked #15 and nationally ranked #2 at one point) I know a thing or two about being competitive. In over 15 years of that shooting compeititon I have learned that one must learn to looose before one can learn to win.

And sometimes shit just happens that makes it incredibly unfair to you and there's nothing that can be done when that happens. In those moments you can start making excuses and loose, or man up and overcome the adversity to still kick you opponent's ass. 9 times out of 10 you wont be able to, but regardless of the outcome you end up with more respect from your peers than your opponent... This holds trun in any sport. Lance Armstrong and the bag incident on his 7thtour de france, Bret Farve with his torn rotator cuff and previous pain killer addiction....I can go on for hours...

You both have amazing cars that are stupid fast. Lets just be happy and leave it at that? :)

I was personally amazed to see those two cars going at it and being within 0.09 of each other and then see the two of them doing it again. (And yes I was rooting for you TBones...:) )

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
t - bones and frank -

You BOTH need to chill out and relax. It was JUST as couple of races for a rediculously small amount of money. No one was going to live or die over the out come and no one is loosing their livelyhood over the out come. Thus why are you both up in arms over this??

The mere fact that both of your cars run as fast as they do garners you BOTH HUUUUGE respect from the rast of the GTO community.

As a competitor in the sporting clays world (an being WORLD ranked #15 and nationally ranked #2 at one point) I know a thing or two about being competitive. In over 15 years of that shooting compeititon I have learned that one must learn to looose before one can learn to win.

And sometimes shit just happens that makes it incredibly unfair to you and there's nothing that can be done when that happens. In those moments you can start making excuses and loose, or man up and overcome the adversity to still kick you opponent's ass. 9 times out of 10 you wont be able to, but regardless of the outcome you end up with more respect from your peers than your opponent... This holds trun in any sport. Lance Armstrong and the bag incident on his 7thtour de france, Bret Farve with his torn rotator cuff and previous pain killer addiction....I can go on for hours...

You both have amazing cars that are stupid fast. Lets just be happy and leave it at that? :)

I was personally amazed to see those two cars going at it and being within 0.09 of each other and then see the two of them doing it again. (And yes I was rooting for you TBones...:) )
I didn't know you competed in Sporting Clays! Very cool! I use to compete in Skeet. Home field was Forest City Gun Club in Savannah, GA.

What's your weapon if choice? Mine was a first-run 12 guage Ruger Red Label with 28 inch (skeet) barrels, fully fit to me and my left handed style. Back bored, ported, mechanical triggers, ect.

Sorry for the hijack.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
t - bones and frank -

Thanks for the support! You are right. It was never about the money. The difference between first and second was 100 bucks. That's not even a third of what my fuel bill was going down and back. I was never mad about the cash. It was all about the pride of winning, beating a car when I was the underdog. I am one of the most competitive people you will ever meet. It was instilled into me at an early age as I played football my entire life growing up. I can't help my emotions when I lose so forgive me for getting so irrate at the track. :) Losing really sucks. In a drag race, you feel you are in control of what happens in a race to an extent. When a third party makes a mistake and costs you, that's when I can't take it. Just ask Mike (Plumcrazy) if I was ranting when he beat me at the ECS II. I redlit and he won. MY mistake and the only one I could be mad at was me. That's what my point is. Like I said before, I never had any intention of bringing it up , if for no other reason that people would call me a sore loser which I'm not. Frank just got under my skin being as ****y as he was. I mean why the hell would you dial your car back to be slower than the next fastest car? (I ran a 9.10 earlier and in our first race he went 9.13) I call BS. :) Novel over.

·
Yabba Dabba Doo!!
2,003 Posts
Glad to see everyone getting along. I so feel the love in the room now. LOL Work is talking about moving me out west so this maybe my last East Coast event to enjoy and I did have a blast and seeing some awesome goats run.

·
I'm taken & she LOVES racing!
2,660 Posts
I didn't know you competed in Sporting Clays! Very cool! I use to compete in Skeet. Home field was Forest City Gun Club in Savannah, GA.

What's your weapon if choice? Mine was a first-run 12 guage Ruger Red Label with 28 inch (skeet) barrels, fully fit to me and my left handed style. Back bored, ported, mechanical triggers, ect.

Sorry for the hijack.
Sweeet!! I use a Beretta A390 Gold with a trigger job, a Rhino ported 30" barrel with lengthened forcing cones and custom choke tubes. And of course it was custom fitted by Bob at Montana Longguns. Oddly enough Im also left handed and have a 12ga ruger redlabel that was the first shotgun I bought myself (with my parent's help at the time..lol) It's the design whose reciever is blued instead of the later brushed nickel. And honestly I'd love to get my hands on a ruger redlable woodside...:D

Thanks for the support! You are right. It was never about the money. The difference between first and second was 100 bucks. That's not even a third of what my fuel bill was going down and back. I was never mad about the cash. It was all about the pride of winning, beating a car when I was the underdog. I am one of the most competitive people you will ever meet. It was instilled into me at an early age as I played football my entire life growing up. I can't help my emotions when I lose so forgive me for getting so irrate at the track. :) Losing really sucks. In a drag race, you feel you are in control of what happens in a race to an extent. When a third party makes a mistake and costs you, that's when I can't take it. Just ask Mike (Plumcrazy) if I was ranting when he beat me at the ECS II. I redlit and he won. MY mistake and the only one I could be mad at was me. That's what my point is. Like I said before, I never had any intention of bringing it up , if for no other reason that people would call me a sore loser which I'm not. Frank just got under my skin being as ****y as he was. I mean why the hell would you dial your car back to be slower than the next fastest car? (I ran a 9.10 earlier and in our first race he went 9.13) I call BS. :) Novel over.
Sadly I didnt get to meet either one of you guys there... But I did get video footage of both final races - did you want both vids?

Completely off topic, does your car by chance have a passenger seat....and well shit....can I get a ride in that monster next year if there is another GTO track day?

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
Sadly I didnt get to meet either one of you guys there... But I did get video footage of both final races - did you want both vids?

Completely off topic, does your car by chance have a passenger seat....and well shit....can I get a ride in that monster next year if there is another GTO track day?
I would love to see your vids! Also, I do have a full factory interior. It was out in Bradenton. I was going for 8's. :) Most tracks will prohibit ride alongs in my car but there are a few that will. The last time I took someone for a ride on the street was the last time I will ever do that again..........

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
I would love to see your vids! Also, I do have a full factory interior. It was out in Bradenton. I was going for 8's. :) Most tracks will prohibit ride alongs in my car but there are a few that will. The last time I took someone for a ride on the street was the last time I will ever do that again..........
I took you for a ride in mine, so you have to take me for a ride in your car! I gotta hear that story! lol :rules:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bet You can. T-Bones didn't have a "passenger seat" on this day but could be street ready in seconds. The other guy not so much. I really enjoyed both races between these two guys, but after seeing the electronics in the "drag car" I would not expect Travis to be in the same league. A 3k pound drag car with a 1045hp Big block, should blow that 4000 pound Late model GTO away. Talked to Frank earlier in the day, and had a good talk. Left him thinkin' he was alright. After his $hit talkin' post, I looked at everything. He has a nice old "drag car" but I was impressed with T-Bones. I also know that Travis will get in the face of anyone that needs it. So Franks typing calling him out made me laugh. If Frank is happy with his win, so be it. Hell I have beat up my little brother too! The truth is when Travis posted about the "6 speed" wearing out the drag car. He wasn't talkin' about himself, Travis has an auto!

·
Unicorn
5,018 Posts
I took you for a ride in mine, so you have to take me for a ride in your car! I gotta hear that story! lol :rules:
LMFAO. You dont wanna go for a ride in his car, ask Jeff Heintz of Heintz performance what happens when the converter flashes at 110.

Oh and I've heard the story...:secret: Fuckin death trap.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
You're right. Thanks for the ride. :) I'll be glad to let you in on the story some time when we get to hang out again.:) It's not something I tell everyone. :D

LMFAO. You dont wanna go for a ride in his car, ask Jeff Heintz of Heintz performance what happens when the converter flashes at 110.

Oh and I've heard the story...:secret: smurfin death trap.
No death trap and Jeff wasn't the last one to get a ride. Let's just say it turns ALOT of heads and lights on the street. :)

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts

Oh and I've heard the story...:secret: smurfin death trap.
LMAO! M6 FTW! lol I think I would need a new pair of pants after a ride in that thing!

You're right. Thanks for the ride. :) I'll be glad to let you in on the story some time when we get to hang out again.:) It's not something I tell everyone. :D

No death trap and Jeff wasn't the last one to get a ride. Let's just say it turns ALOT of heads and lights on the street. :)
Lol, I can't wait to hear the full story, We will have to plan something when we go to the shootout in Nov.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
I rode in Travis car once, and thought it was amazing, and it didn't even have the procharger on it.... yet! LOL

21 - 36 of 36 Posts