LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IN KEEPING WITH TRADITION

For each of the four prior years it is about at this time that another successful All GTO Track Day has concluded and it's time to wrap things up. Gotta give thanks to all those who lent a hand, communicate various results and see to it that all the bills are paid. Hopefully after all that, there is enough money to once again give a little something back to individuals that without whom this event might not be possible.

FIRST AND FOREMOST -

THANK YOUZ

Lots of these to go around. As always, I must now type in my disclaimer and hold harmless agreement which basically states that if I forgot to acknowledge someone, it isn't due to intention, it's due to my ever-advancing age :eek:ldfogey: Dammit, I almost forgot, the following kudos are listed in no particular order. OK...that's done. Now on with the

:hail: :hail:

To my wife Jeanne, daughter Denise, son-in-law Ray and grandson Kevin. Always a great feeling knowing I can count on you.

The Event Committee
DOC - Doc GTO
JASON - Dbluegoat
MIKE - BFEGTO
TOM - GTO1369
TRACY - GTO831

To This Year's Event Sponsors -
CHRIS NICHOLS - GFORCE1320 PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING
STEVE ADDISON - SNL PERFORMANCE / MONSTER CLUTCH, INC.
GREG SAMUEL - FTI COMPETITION CONVERTERS
MARK HANEWICH, ESQ. - NELSON HESSE, LLP
JOE FORSTEN - FRANK'S FAMILY CAR CARE CENTER
DAVID BESHEARS - BESHEARS & ASSOCIATES
ANTHONY LEO, CEO - PENINSULA BANK
THOMAS @ HENDRIXS ENGINEERING

Your Support and Commitment to the Event is Unmatched. Each of You Certainly Stepped Up in an Impressive Way!!!

LONG NGUYEN (A.K.A. AlphaEden) -
For all the time and effort you put into the event's website, flyers, graphics & t-shirt design. A pizza is on its way.

THE HONOR GUARD FROM VFW POSTS 10141 & 2480. Thank you for your prior service. It was an honor having you present The Colors to start off our track day once again. :patriot:

DON IDE - THE TROPHY CASE
Always a pleasure working with you.

THE ENTIRE BRADENTON MOTORSPORTS PARK STAFF
There's no other place I would hold the event. The track was better prepared than ever before!!!

BRYAN - BME PHOTOGRAPHY
Thanks for the excellent action photographs. The racers thought they rock. And they're right.

All the friends & family of event committee members & other attendees who helped out at both the GM&E and the track. And while the list is too numerous to recall everyone, please know you are all very much appreciated.

To all those who brought spare parts, tools and lent a hand to others and helped get their cars back onto the track. There's always someone within this group that is ready to provide someone else assistance.

JACK @ PALLADIUM GRAPHICS -
For your fine work on the event t-shirts. With your help and AlphaEden's, they're the best looking shirts we've ever had.

To those who did not, or could not attend the event, or prepaid for spectators that ended up not showing up on Sunday, yet threw their entry fee into the pot for "the cause"....THANKS FOR YOUR GENEROSITY!!!

And to all the racers and spectators who made the trek, whether from the other side of Bradenton or from 1/2 way across the country. It's always amazing to see that regardless of the distance or the expense you feel compelled to make it out to the event.

NOW ON TO SOME OTHER RESULTS FROM EVERYONE'S EFFORTS & SUPPORT

NUMBER OF CARS THAT RACED = 59

NUMBER OF SPECTATORS = 188

THE VFW'S OPERATION UPLINK & M.O.T.S PROGRAMS

Again this year, because of everyone's involvement and support of the 5th Annual All GTO Track Day, we should all feel good about increasing the dollars that will be contributed to these two most worthy causes.

:turbonaug $1,648.31 :turbonaug

Meh..........let's just round it up to $1,650.00

That's a $338 improvement over last year's total. And that was accomplished with offering up a total $500 cash purse for the first time, fewer racers and a reduction in the number of event sponsors compared to those of the 4th Annual. Also, that amount will be the minimum to be equally distributed between the two programs, pending the final number of additional t-shirts purchased by the end of this week. Nothing more to be said but

!!!WOW!!!

FINAL THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS

As with each previous track day, one of the principal goals of the Event Committee is to put on a weekend-long event that offers up something more than just a private track rental drag race. Another is to improve the product we deliver and hopefully make the majority of those that attend come away from the weekend with more than they arrived. Whether it be driving home with a trophy, a free performance part to install on their car, or posting up a time slip showing a new personal best ET. We've "tweaked" certain things along the way, again with the goal of improving the product and leveling out the playing field so that regardless of the dollars one has spent on their car they would have a chance of competing regardless of who they may stage against in the other lane.

Despite the Committee's best efforts, there is obviously continued room for improvement. And like the old Brooklyn Dodger fans would cry, season after season..........."Wait Until Next Year", there are hopefully many of you that can't wait for the date of the 6th Annual All GTO Track Day to be annouced. Unfortunately that date has yet to be determined. And that's because I decided several months ago that it's time for me to pass on the torch as coordinator and the Committee was advised of my decision at that time. After what I truly consider 5 very successful events, perhaps someone else will pick up the ball and run with it, put their stamp on the "tweaks" necessary to make a successful program even better. Although I won't be chairing the efforts going forward, whoever takes over will be guaranteed of my support - hopefully that will be by attending as a participant and not as a spectator. Worst case, I'll assist the organizer in other ways, just as I have done for those on this board who have put together some awesome track days.

Time to wrap this up!!!! Again, on behalf of the Event Committee, everyone involved with the 5th Annual All GTO Track Day, regardless of the level of their involvment, along with the men and women serving our country......THANK YOU!!!!

·
keep it simple
2,098 Posts
That's the mock up, I want to see the actual shirt. I designed the damn thing, just wanted to see what the final looks like
Tell pops to send one your way you did some work.
Thanks to all that made the event happen.:)

·
10 Second Club
1,101 Posts
Thanks Joey and Everyone that had anything to do with making this happen. Really Appricate all involved and how much you did to make this another great event.

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think all in attendance needs to thank Joey also for the awesome job he did so thanks Joey!

BTW Joe, mind puttin up a pic of the tshirt so I can see what they look like?
We'll do better than that. If I'm not mistaken a sample was set aside for shipment via Pony Express, heading in a westerly direction :)

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Well said Joey. I've contacted the VFW headquarters to set up a meeting to hand over the check for Operation Uplink. They are excited and very grateful for all of our efforts again this year.

·
Girls Taking Over
1,437 Posts
A joy and sadness all in one post. While I can agree and understand why there will be no 6th Annual, it still brings a little sadness knowing that this is the last one.
I, and I know I speak for Tom as well, had a great time at the event, had a great time helping put the event together, and will continue to have a great time hanging out with all our GTO friends, both old and new.
For it being "just a car event", this car and event has brought so many great people into our lives.
Much love goes out to JoeyD for every intention he had hoped this event would be when he planned the 1st Annual ALL-GTO TRACK DAY ! Not one event has been as much fun (that I have been too).

notice the hyphen lol

·
n20extreme
334 Posts
I'm so glad to here that there was yet another great event to raise some money and most importantly, ALL THE FUN WE HAD!!!! Joey, you and the committee put on one hell of a show. THANK YOU, for all of your years running this event and letting classic goats race...hahaha!!! as you all know, old cars are kewl! LMAO! anyway... thank you again and I cant wait for you to see my new geo metro with a 572 chevy. its pretty fast, lol! j/k.

AMEN TRACY ^^^^^^

·
mmmm crown royal
1,482 Posts
i am glad sara and i were able to help. its been a great time being part of this event.

·
Bite Me
3,393 Posts
My thanks go out to Joey and all those who helped put the event together. This was my first time making the trek, and I enjoyed the experience. Wish the wind would have went away for a little while so our times could have been better, but you can't have everything. I would also like to apologize for getting way to drunk at the Roo (hope I didn't do anything regrettable), and to let everyone know I am healing up nicely from face planting on the way back to the room...

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My thanks go out to Joey and all those who helped put the event together. This was my first time making the trek, and I enjoyed the experience. Wish the wind would have went away for a little while so our times could have been better, but you can't have everything. I would also like to apologize for getting way to drunk at the Roo (hope I didn't do anything regrettable), and to let everyone know I am healing up nicely from face planting on the way back to the room...
Sure glad you made the trip and that you enjoyed the event. And yeah the wind definitely blew....lol Plus I think there is some video or at least a couple of still photos of your face plant. But the Russian judge only scored it a 7.3 :cursin:

·
Bite Me
3,393 Posts
Sure glad you made the trip and that you enjoyed the event. And yeah the wind definitely blew....lol Plus I think there is some video or at least a couple of still photos of your face plant. But the Russian judge only scored it a 7.3 :cursin:
God, I hope not...

·
Supercharged and a Warranty
434 Posts
Good to see the actual #'s Joey. Thanks for a great 5 year run, and a great run in the vibe LOL

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good to see the actual #'s Joey. Thanks for a great 5 year run, and a great run in the vibe LOL
One of my life's most defining moments for sure :)

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
I was wondering what happened . . . It looked like it hurt!!! Been there and done that :)

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
One of my life's most defining moments for sure :)
You punked out on a Rover vs. Dodge run . . . I would have 60 footed your a$$ for sure!!!
:ninja: reflexes and Evo like AWD!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts