LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
6-Speed
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
QUESTION...????

If your GTO got in a wreck or fender bender -

1. How long did it take to get the parts?

2. How long to repair it?

It has been 43 days for me now and will be longer. All my parts just came in last week and I'm still waiting for the the bosy shop to be finished with it.

3. So what did you have to go threw?

I want my car back..... now! But I know their doing a good job and not rushing it!

·
GTO = Pontiac shenanigans
3,689 Posts
Timeframe

Mea Toy said:
QUESTION...????

If your GTO got in a wreck or fender bender -

1. How long did it take to get the parts?

2. How long to repair it?

It has been 43 days for me now and will be longer. All my parts just came in last week and I'm still waiting for the the bosy shop to be finished with it.

3. So what did you have to go threw?

I want my car back..... now! But I know their doing a good job and not rushing it!
Okay first wreck had a new GTO within a week of the accident (had GAP insurance) BUT it took them a month to process the payoff to the bank. Now GAP is a good thing BUT on a side note be careful I had quite a bit of leg work and following up to do in order for it to get processed as fast as it did. (I ended up making 2 car payments for that month but received a credit the next)

Second fender bender my car was hit on the 9th I got my check from the insurance company on the 15th car was dropped off the 18th has been in the shop for the week I called them Tuesday and they said the parts are on back order and they would do a Stateside search if that turned up dead they would have to go overseas. Called them this past Friday and they had gotten the parts from Cali and were on my car. They said it will be done this week all they had to do as of Friday was match the paint.

The longest part is usually the parts for these cars they are VERY hard to come by depending on what parts you need and the amount of parts. Mine was just a damn front fender and so trim pieces and they had to go all they way to Cali for the parts.

I hope this answered your question. Right now be very grateful your body shop has the car, just stay on them for a status...But don't be too pushy you don't want to risk a half assed job.

·
Clean is good...
2,470 Posts
Just wondering if the time to receive the parts would be less for an '04 and '05 than an '06 since they've been 'in the states' longer and the parts could be too? I can't imagine still having to wait for misc. body parts anymore for the two older goats' years.

Tom.

·
6-Speed
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought mine was bad....

simpleGTO said:

One week, Get the adjuster out to look and write a check and drive to the dealer and pick out another one.

I seen that photo and :barf: is what I felt. I'm sorry.

Did you get another one?

·
6-Speed
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Rock said:
Okay first wreck had a new GTO within a week of the accident (had GAP insurance) BUT it took them a month to process the payoff to the bank. Now GAP is a good thing BUT on a side note be careful I had quite a bit of leg work and following up to do in order for it to get processed as fast as it did. (I ended up making 2 car payments for that month but received a credit the next)

Second fender bender my car was hit on the 9th I got my check from the insurance company on the 15th car was dropped off the 18th has been in the shop for the week I called them Tuesday and they said the parts are on back order and they would do a Stateside search if that turned up dead they would have to go overseas. Called them this past Friday and they had gotten the parts from Cali and were on my car. They said it will be done this week all they had to do as of Friday was match the paint.

The longest part is usually the parts for these cars they are VERY hard to come by depending on what parts you need and the amount of parts. Mine was just a damn front fender and so trim pieces and they had to go all they way to Cali for the parts.

I hope this answered your question. Right now be very grateful your body shop has the car, just stay on them for a status...But don't be too pushy you don't want to risk a half assed job.
I was waiting on a few different body parts....and like I said been way to long. they told me they think the end of this next week....but again I hold my breath and die!

:The_Villa If I don't get it soon - I'm going on a war path! I wrote GM about getting more parts to USA - not that it will help... but I said what I wanted to say - venting! I still love the car thou!

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I think GM is keeping the part inventory very "thin" in the States for us GTO owners.

However, it could be worse. Lots of Chevy SSR owners are having HUGE issues finding parts (at least per SSRFanatic.com - went there because my mother-in-law bought one). One owner is trying to get a class-action suit filed...

·
Registered Abuser
981 Posts
Took less than a week to get my fender, but supposedly it was damaged. Took exactly three weeks to replace a rear quarter panel.

·
3,689 Posts
Mea Toy said:
I was waiting on a few different body parts....and like I said been way to long. they told me they think the end of this next week....but again I hold my breath and die!

:The_Villa If I don't get it soon - I'm going on a war path! I wrote GM about getting more parts to USA - not that it will help... but I said what I wanted to say - venting! I still love the car thou!

Yeah some parts are here stateside and some aren't. My body shop[ told me they go by (and I should too) a 5x5x5 rule. What that entails is:

5 days if the parts are in stock.

5 days if they have to order it from somewhere else plus 5 days in the shop.

5 weeks if they come from overseas and then 5 days in the shop to install and paint.

So Mea looks like your on the last plan I'm sorry to say. Damn I remember when you wrote your post about the accident that itself is f'ed up. I thought they would total that car from where you were hit. I smashed my rear qtr on a tree and it knocked the frame so far outta whack they totaled it AND the adjuster told me that any damage like that where I hit is considered to be a loss (both airbags deploying helped too).

But anyway I think we are all going to be in the same boat for parts when it comes down to it. 04-06 I think they will all have issues. And seeing that the 04's are different then the 05 - 06 I think they may have a considerably harder time finding parts. But I could be wrong.

·
Created in hatred
13,114 Posts
yowzerman said:
Just wondering if the time to receive the parts would be less for an '04 and '05 than an '06 since they've been 'in the states' longer and the parts could be too? I can't imagine still having to wait for misc. body parts anymore for the two older goats' years.

Tom.
Body panels are all the same, except hoods and rear bumpers. Let me explain how GM inventory works. A fender is not labeled "2004 GTO drivers side fender" in their system. It is labeled "fender 12345.678." This part is indexed as a viable comodity for whatever vehicle it works on. So, when the parts counter types in, "2004 GTO drivers side fender" it comes up with the stock number (which in this case would be our "fender 12345.678"), stock location and stock quantity of the part requested. When the parts counter does an inquiry for a "2006 GTO drivers side fender" it will display the same exact results. It is this way for every part that is model/year interchangeable across the entire scope of GM vehicles. So, to answer your question, no, there are not more parts for 2004's and 2005's.

·
6-Speed
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope

The Rock said:
Yeah some parts are here stateside and some aren't. My body shop[ told me they go by (and I should too) a 5x5x5 rule. What that entails is:

5 days if the parts are in stock.

5 days if they have to order it from somewhere else plus 5 days in the shop.

5 weeks if they come from overseas and then 5 days in the shop to install and paint.

So Mea looks like your on the last plan I'm sorry to say. Damn I remember when you wrote your post about the accident that itself is f'ed up. I thought they would total that car from where you were hit. I smashed my rear qtr on a tree and it knocked the frame so far outta whack they totaled it AND the adjuster told me that any damage like that where I hit is considered to be a loss (both airbags deploying helped too).

But anyway I think we are all going to be in the same boat for parts when it comes down to it. 04-06 I think they will all have issues. And seeing that the 04's are different then the 05 - 06 I think they may have a considerably harder time finding parts. But I could be wrong.
No - it was all outer body - mostly. Didnt hurt the frame at all..... everyone who had this car.... it's built really good...cause I got hit hard and didn't do anything hardly but body and wheel area repairs! If I had my Honda car - I would have been hurt! It's solid!

When she hit me - she was turning left (on the move) and went down the side and grabbed the wheel and sent me spinning - the body PARTS is whats holding this crap up. They did send a rear qtr panel and it was damaged... maybe thats the one you got.... so they had to reorder - took longer.... like I said it's been over 7 weeks now and still no car.....but it's going back together now. They said maybe the end of next week....holding my..... whooops I dead...lol Just kidding - I'm just sick of waiting.

We'll let you know when I get it back!

·
3,689 Posts
Mea Toy said:
No - it was all outer body - mostly. Didnt hurt the frame at all..... everyone who had this car.... it's built really good...cause I got hit hard and didn't do anything hardly but body and wheel area repairs! If I had my Honda car - I would have been hurt! It's solid!

When she hit me - she was turning left (on the move) and went down the side and grabbed the wheel and sent me spinning - the body PARTS is whats holding this crap up. They did send a rear qtr panel and it was damaged... maybe thats the one you got.... so they had to reorder - took longer.... like I said it's been over 7 weeks now and still no car.....but it's going back together now. They said maybe the end of next week....holding my..... whooops I dead...lol Just kidding - I'm just sick of waiting.

We'll let you know when I get it back!
No I dont think that I will get your part, my damage is to the front driverside fender.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts