LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Performance Addict
2005 PBM, 6 Speed, corner carver
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested to trying some different mufflers on my 05. I’m running headers, hi flow cats and an x-pipe into the stock mufflers.

if any of you have a good pair of mufflers: Magnaflow, Gibson, Corsa, or any others, that boot to the factory pipe, let me know.

I am in the Chicago area and willing to drive a few hours. I’m willing to pay shipping if the price it right.

Thank you!

·
Yes my name is Holden
483 Posts
Greetings Keith & all; I have a pair of Dyno Max 309 Stainless (I believe the same grade as OE) 18" straight through's. Custom welded in place of the OE mufflers. Retaining the OE flange, ball end hangers & Near Perfect OE tips. I find them Too Loud as I have Hi flow mids. My buddy who is a retired food machine welder did the fantastic workmanship. When I had the OE mids with OE cats it was loud but I liked it as you could still talk & hear the radio with the windows down. My name is Robert Holden I'm on FB & CHC. WE live close enough to do some tradein?? Are you considering attending the Holden Summer Solstice Meet? Later Ole' Bob.

·
Performance Addict
2005 PBM, 6 Speed, corner carver
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob,
Thx for the offer. I don’t want the car to be much louder so a straight though probably won’t work. Are you running headers or factory manifolds?

I am not sure if I’ll make the Summer Solstice meet.

Once all this COVID stuff is over I’ll be back to traveling to Milwaukee monthly. That will give me an excuse to get the GTO out on more open roads. I’ll let you know and we can try to meet up so I can check out the mufflers.

Thx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts