LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Pontiac GTO LS1, Red Hot, Black Interior, 2006 Hood/Exhaust, Dynatech Headers, B&M Shifter
23 Posts
2004 Gto. Need some working steering wheel buttons. Thx
Mine were not broken, just acted funny. I believe they work by resistance. I took my airbag off and tore into the switch itself. Once I got inside the switch there were 3 push buttons, I just turned on the radio and pressed each switch individually. The SOB started working correctly. Working good every since.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Mine were not broken, just acted funny. I believe they work by resistance. I took my airbag off and tore into the switch itself. Once I got inside the switch there were 3 push buttons, I just turned on the radio and pressed each switch individually. The SOB started working correctly. Working good every since.
I'll probably end up taking them apart and cleaning them. Did that with my door lock actuator and got it working again. I can rebuild electric motors and switches. You learn to be pretty ingenuitive when you are always broke. lol

·
Seriously?
1,865 Posts
I'll probably end up taking them apart and cleaning them. Did that with my door lock actuator and got it working again. I can rebuild electric motors and switches. You learn to be pretty ingenuitive when you are always broke. lol
You'd be the MAN if you got some 2006 SWCs that light up and wired them up in your 04 and showed us how you did it... just saying...

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You'd be the MAN if you got some 2006 SWCs that light up and wired them up in your 04 and showed us how you did it... just saying...
I thought someone already did that? You just have to use an 06 srs cable reel.

·
Seriously?
1,865 Posts
I thought someone already did that? You just have to use an 06 srs cable reel.
It has been done and you do need the 06 clock spring, but I think there is something additional with the wiring that is needed to make it work, not for sure on that. I know the 06 clock spring isn't cheap new.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts