LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Seriously?
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Testing the waters out here. I need to replace my tires at some point as they are old by actual age. I really like the stock 18" wheels and would like some wider rubber out back. Stock 18s seem to be hard to come by so I can see widening a set to 9 or 9.5" becoming more costly than some VMR wheels.

I do not want to touch my 18s so just widening my rears is out. If I end up going VMRs, my 18s will go into preservation mode. So it is either 245/40 all the way around on my wheels, I score a pair of widened stock 18s, or VMRs all around.

That all said, anyone selling widened stock 18s?

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
447 Posts
I can't help you with finding the widened wheels, but I had my CTS-V "Diamond" front wheels narrowed. It was done by WeldCraft in Lavonia, MI. and they did a SPECTACULAR job!!! They also WIDEN wheels using a similar process!

I hyperlinked them here:
Weld Craft

...or you can copy / paste this:

The guy I got these from suffered an engine fire and parted the car out. After removing a LOT of flat black powder coating and some scorched gunk, they cleaned up pretty O.K. It cost me $92 to send these to Weldcraft. This is what I got back:

Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Rim Tints and shades

Tire Wheel Automotive tire White Light

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

I since, had these PVD coated and tires mounted.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Reactions: Logan71

·
Seriously?
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those look awesome! I was planning on Weldcraft for the widening. Problem is, is that I can't find any 18s right now. I saw one set of 4 on ebay but I don't need 4. I saw a guy listing a single one but he had no pics of it but I am going to message him for pics and ask if he has 2 to sell.

I looked at the Facebook pages to see if anyone had any and there were none.

Reactions: Doc-Z

·
Seriously?
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up a pair of stock 18s on eBay, they will be here on Wednesday. Still open to buying an already widened pair of wheels. I will post if I end up sending these wheels off.

Reactions: bo06gto and Doc-Z
1 - 4 of 4 Posts