LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising around after the gym on a lazy Sunday when I spotted a car that I thought was an Audi R8. It was about 10 cars ahead of me so I didn't really pay it any mind, they're nice but nothing to get excited over. As he pulled away, I got a better look and it looked like an LFA! Never seen one in the wild. Unfortunately, it was a one lane road so I couldn't pass anybody. Eventually I was able to pull up behind him and it wasn't an LFA. He was being followed by another guy in a classic car and they both pulled off to the left to another one lane road and I was already way off course to getting home. It had absolutely no badging on the rear or sides that I could see. It had a similar rear taillight assembly look to the LFA with the light and black cladding underneath. It had a GIANT carbon fiber rear diffuser and the most distinctive part was its spoilers. They were like two giant gullwing spoilers that attached the roof to the fenders ... best I could describe it. It also had weird vents/dimples on the side fenders that reminded me of the Jaguar XE SV's front bumper.

Anyone have any clue WTF this car was?

·
Super Moderator
10,281 Posts
Not a clue. That's a tough one without a picture.

I'm not much of a supercar guy either, so there's that lol.

·
NineInchNutswinger
3,237 Posts
Newer NSX?...

·
Super Moderator
10,281 Posts
I've only seen one LFA in person. It was an interesting car for sure.

·
15,892 Posts
Other than the ridiculous price, the LFA was neat.

Perhaps it's the Lexus LC 500? Those too are interesting but again, ridiculous price.

Was isn't though anymore?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely not the NSX or LC500. There was no badging. It has to be some small European company since the styling was pretty crazy. The diffuser was massive. Thought it was a McLaren for that reason, but I don't see anything resembling it. Also, the gullwing spoilers had huge gaps. Like, the the extent that I feel like most people could crawl through the openings.

It's not a McLaren, Lotus, Noble, Aston, Jaguar or any of the major German automakers from what I have seen.

·
Slow Goat
247 Posts
Throwing this out there, Hennessy venom GT or F5? Some of the pictures I've seen they're not badged.

·
15,892 Posts
What may help is to look on google or something to get some similar clues (pictures; post them). Otherwise, who knows.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've looked all over Google and can't find it. I think it may have been a kit car. There's no way this thing could be so rare it eludes an internet search while I can't find cars that have single digit factory numbers. Then again, who knows how old it its ... might be 5-10yrs old and I can't find it. Thought for a second I had it with W Motors, but it definitely wasn't it. That very distinctive spoiler though, I thought someone on here might know what it was. Never seen anything like it. It was headed in the direction of a exotic car dealer that I know sells Lotuses, but there's nothing I see that Lotus sells that comes close. Oh well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definitely not a Ford GT ... seen plenty of those to know what it is. But yea, the spoilers were similar to how they're done on the GT, but more pronounced and with more of an arch rather than streamlined from the roof to the fender. Also, the tail lights were squared off like the LFA, not round. Also not an Apollo Gumpert, nice guess tho ... completely forgot about them.

·
Suffering Fools
15,248 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nah, the spoiler actually connected from the roof to the fender. It was built into the body, much like the Ford GT ... spoilers were not a separate piece.

·
Suffering Fools
15,248 Posts

·
teh old whips
264 Posts
Aventador SVJ

1 - 20 of 37 Posts