LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nah, none of these. The spoiler didn't look like a separate piece. It was part of the body and painted the same color ... much like the Ford GT and SCG004S. They weren't scoops though, you could see straight thru them, so I'm not sure if it was mid-engined or not, only got a quick glimpse of the side.

·
teh old whips
264 Posts
I still think you saw some form of McLaren or Lambo. Due to design reference, rarity/cost, there's extremely few cars that match your description that you would come across.

...and eyewitness testimony sucks, so you may not even truly remember what you saw in that quick glimpse. Your mind could be filling in the blanks.

·
Suffering Fools
15,248 Posts
I saw a McLaren on the road today. I think it was a GT. The license plate said SLD DRVR

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So ... yea, I'm not exactly an artist. I guess imagine this as a colored 2D silhouette of the rear of the car. I can't remember the exact shape of the tails, but I think they were close to this. Also, pretty sure there was black cladding under them, much like the LFA (hence why I thought that's what it was at first. Tried to illustrate the spoiler as best as I could, and the sheer size of the rear diffuser. Try not to laugh too hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Never got to pull alongside even with him, but did get a glimpse of the side of the car. Not the Veneno. The roof of the car extends all the way to the back and narrows ... kinda like an F1 tunnel that goes all the way to the back of the car. The spoilers were arched and didn't come to a squared off end. Went to place the place that deals with a lot of exotic cars that this thing was headed towards and didn't see it. Guess it'll be my white whale ...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
DUDE~! I think that's it!! From my recollection, the spoiler was a lot more arched looking, but it might just be because of my viewpoint. I also feel like the diffuser went up higher and I don't remember seeing the plate there, then again, I can't remember seeing any plate, so maybe he was just running without one. Also didn't see any the 'SCG003' since I was looking all over for identifiers, but maybe I just missed it. I also remember there being dimples on the side on the door, but maybe that was just reflections playing tricks on me. Even if this wasn't exactly the car, I'm going with it out of my own sanity, lol. It definitely looks close enough.

·
Suffering Fools
15,248 Posts
SCG has offices in that area and I think that's where they're produced. Outside of that, they're very rare.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Holy shit. This thing is $2mil. Wish I took a picture of it, but didn't realize WTF it was. Honestly, from right behind, I thought it looked kinda stupid, lol. Plus, the exhaust wasn't as obnoxious as many Lambos, so I thought maybe it was a new McLaren that I didn't know had come out yet.

·
Premium Member
35,702 Posts
you know if you had the dough you would drop it on that thing in a heartbeat.

you were talking about it in the OP like it was all your fantasies come true.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It was very cool to witness, not really something you see every day. Would I drop $2mil on it though? Ehhhh. I'm in my thirties, but I'm an old man at heart. If I had that money, I'd probably drop it on a Bugatti Chiron instead, seeing as it's likely to be vastly more comfortable.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts