LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, the vendor doesn't want to sell me the Beyern's because they need hubcentric rings to fit, and they say the correct size is not manufactured anywhere. Is this the case? If you're running Beyerns, how are you doing it? Bad vibration?

Here's a quote: "These wheels hub drill is 72.56mm to fit BMW where yours is 69.5mm. Normally we solve potential vibration by placing hub rings inside of the wheels. However, there is no such size of hub rings made and therefore you will experience vibration."

Thanks for the knowledge!

LR

·
scot254
4,406 Posts
Mine work (almost 2 years) as probably 100+ setups have worked. I've got 2 sets of hubrings, Tbyrne sells a set, thinner, but easy to change tires around. csijason sells a set, very high quality, removing all wheel shake, but tougher to take the tires off.

·
Black is Beautiful!
282 Posts
Look up CSiJason here on the boards. He makes the hubrings for the Beyern and TSW wheels. I have his TSW rings and they are TOP NOTCH pieces! I believe he was looking into having TopShelf or one of the other vendors sell them. Either way, PM him and tell him Gib sent you.

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, did all of the above, plus the search. hope to hear from Jason ASAP.

I owe you.

LR

·
scot254
4,406 Posts
Magnified said:
thanks guys, did all of the above, plus the search. hope to hear from Jason ASAP.

I owe you.

LR
Ya owe me a N2O vs SC race the next all out Texas track meet we have:)

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scot254 said:
Ya owe me a N2O vs SC race the next all out Texas track meet we have:)

ha, this is a deal!

LR

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rocketman69 said:
Well...that's fine for scot, but you can just buy me a beer the next time I'm in texas. :drink:

Sounds good, but not before the racing... :drink: :gears: :eek:

·
Maggie Powered
327 Posts
The vendor has NO IDEA what they are talking about!!!!!!! I have beyern's on my goat NO hub rings, and not a shake in the wheel at all at any speed!!!!!!!I bought mine from Tbyrne Motorsports sponsered on the side here....

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to know. Thanks man.

LR

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
2,347 Posts
I have run 3 different sets of rims on my car ,,
all bmw pattern,
never had or used any kind of ring of any type...
not a single one has ever vibrated ..

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, neither Jason nor Top Shelf have any of these available. Any other ideas for sourcing? Unless someone has a spare or old set, looks like I'm out of luck.

LR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts