LS1GTO Forums banner

Wtf is with Centerline Wheels?!?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  CSiJason 
#1 ·
So I called about a particular wheel this morning and asked if instead of the 5 on 4.75" bolt pattern it normally comes with, if they could do a set in 5x120.
I wouldnt think it would be a problem. The guy says no they cant do it. I then told the guy that if you do the math, 5 on 120mm is actually 5x4.72".
I then asked if they could just punch that number into their CNC and whip up a set? He says no! They can't! WTF!

So being that its only 3 hundredths of an inch off, anyone here suppose it would be safe to run anyways, considering the wheel will ultimately be off center by about 6 hundredths total? I should know the answer to this question but im asking it anyways.:stickpoke

#2 ·
79_EFI_Z said:
So I called about a particular wheel this morning and asked if instead of the 5 on 4.75" bolt pattern it normally comes with, if they could do a set in 5x120.
I wouldnt think it would be a problem. The guy says no they cant do it. I then told the guy that if you do the math, 5 on 120mm is actually 5x4.72".
I then asked if they could just punch that number into their CNC and whip up a set? He says no! They can't! WTF!

So being that its only 3 hundredths of an inch off, anyone here suppose it would be safe to run anyways, considering the wheel will ultimately be off center by about 6 hundredths total? I should know the answer to this question but im asking it anyways.:stickpoke

They are not a "custom" wheel shop so yeah i can see why he said it

Want to go custom, sounds like you have the cash

look into:

Iforged
HRE
DPE

They do what you want

Starting at 800 (something dollars a wheel)

happy shopping

:) :)

#6 ·
Any of the quality billet wheel manufacturers can provide you with wheels that have the proper bolt-pattern and a custom tailored offset (down to the MM) that can be tailored to your specific car. This includes the likes of Intro (parent of iForged), Billet Specialties, Budnik, Colorado Custom, Boyd, Bonspeed, Boze, etc. Prices will be closer to $500-600 per wheel.

#7 ·
79_EFI_Z said:
So being that its only 3 hundredths of an inch off, anyone here suppose it would be safe to run anyways, considering the wheel will ultimately be off center by about 6 hundredths total?
alot here do, i run a 5 on 4.75 on the rears. and its not a big deal.if you just watch the way you put the tire on knowing its alittle off ... the ones that say it is a bad thing are reading to far into it

#8 ·
#9 ·
boyd can suck balls , i wouldnt buy anything from that ass clown , wheels under the boyd name are from someone else since that name he cant use from his bankruptcy

wheels under boyd ****ington are from him and his new company

id rather buy fikse wheels at full retail price

you didnt put them on your list , they are pricey about 5k retail for a set shipped with lug nuts , but they do custom wheels and offsets , and you can order staggared wheels

i think i was quoted about 4500 for 18x and 18x9 and any offset i wanted , you do have to wait for the wheels as they are built to order , takes 3-4 weeks

#10 ·
Flashpoint said:
sorry... I didn't realize this was english class still...but typical sizes for the GTO are not $800 each. who cares what 24" wheels cost or 20"x11", etc if they won't fit the car....

Don't go direct either if you can, usually thru a dealer they will give you a better price then full retail list price.;)
I have priced some 18-19" Iforged wheels (and they were 800 dollars) and up, so yeah.

And this was from a dealer :pimp:

Sorry about the -fixed comment, aint isn't a word, just helping out lol

#11 ·
itslow said:
Any of the quality billet wheel manufacturers can provide you with wheels that have the proper bolt-pattern and a custom tailored offset (down to the MM) that can be tailored to your specific car. This includes the likes of Intro (parent of iForged), Billet Specialties, Budnik, Colorado Custom, Boyd, Bonspeed, Boze, etc. Prices will be closer to $500-600 per wheel.
Yea, my ZE Forged (Boze) were made to my specs. But yea, about $550/wheel is what I paid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.