LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My understanding is that the x-air includes a "green" filter from "green filters". Doing some googling around it seems there is a USA and a EU company, not sure if they are the same company or not. So its hard to find information from the manf on the filter.

1. Is, the filter is advertised as "oil less" but each manf of "green filters" says their filters require oiling. Im not super concerned with oiling the filter (and yes it comes from the factory pre oiled) I just wanted to know if there was an oil less green filter out there somewhere?
  2. Is the filter that comes with the x-air oiled or not?
  3. When cleaning the filter that comes with the x-air does it require oiling or not?
  4. Is there a part number for the air filter that comes with the x-air?
I am working on a maf less tune right now, so im not really worried about oil getting on the MAF, I just want to never have to worry about oiling an air filter. I have a K&N in the stock airbox right now and I hate oiling it when I go to clean it.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
2 .The filter is oiled
3. it will need to be oiled after cleaning
4.The filter is custom sold to Xair

·
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
385 Posts
Is there a difference in the LS1 & LS2 Xair? I have switched my setup to a custom radiator and will eventually be maffless with a larger TB. Would I need extra clamps for the maf at first?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
They are the same intake only difference is the ls1 gets one reducer because of the smaller maf

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
391 Posts
Is this the recommended cleaner and oil to use for the X-air filter?

Thanks,

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts