LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Challenge this.
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in a 2.5 tru-x pipe from hottexhaust.com. The raspyness is just about gone. It "cleaned-up" the exhaust note at all rpm's. It's a higher pitch sound but it still sounds like a V-8. I love the way it sounds. There's much less poping on decel as well.

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
Smoke said:
I put in a 2.5 tru-x pipe from hottexhaust.com. The raspyness is just about gone. It "cleaned-up" the exhaust note at all rpm's. It's a higher pitch sound but it still sounds like a V-8. I love the way it sounds. There's much less poping on decel as well.
We should all meet up at the trooper station to hear it. :punch:

·
RIP Jack of Hearts & Tootsie
7,563 Posts
Juniorss said:
Brilliant. Great Idea. If they thought it was loud last week, just wait for this week. We'll show 'm what loud really is.

·
Head MasterBaiter
2,791 Posts
Smoke said:
duh, thats what they're for.........of course thats why I also still have the factory H in the vette......truck has an x in it though......I like the popping on decel......you have to hear the vette when its cold.....sounds evil...makes me wanna decel

·
Head MasterBaiter
2,791 Posts
Devil said:
Brilliant. Great Idea. If they thought it was loud last week, just wait for this week. We'll show 'm what loud really is.
usually an X will keep it the same or possibly quiet it down given same diameter as before etc. more for evening teh flow and reducing the popping etc.

·
7,563 Posts
undertakerN20 said:
usually an X will keep it the same or possibly quiet it down given same diameter as before etc. more for evening teh flow and reducing the popping etc.
Would that be the same principle as a silencer on a 357?

·
scream for me, scream for me!
1,108 Posts
high pitch sound does not equal v-8 american , sorry to tell you that . 4- 6 cylinder rice sound :drink:

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
Juniorss said:

Just watch for Trooper Devil! :judge:

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
DarkSilva said:
That sounds great!

But the sound from your vid only comes out of my left speaker, is it my speakers or your clip? Checked my right, nothing wrong with it. Maybe I'm going nuts.
Its only coming out of one of my speakers aswell.

·
7,563 Posts
DeepBlueZ said:
:fawkdance This sound like rice to you???:fawkdance

http://media.putfile.com/Great-sound-and-Great-Brakes

:p :p :p

edit: Stan...does your car sound more or less like mine now?
Smoke's louder Deep, just ask the trooper on the SS, he can do a comparison test once we email him this clip, you'll get the results in maybe a week or two with either a statement saying not louder or a ticket for excessive noise. One way or another the test will be complete.:gr_jest:

·
Head MasterBaiter
2,791 Posts
well I have a H pipe and no mufflers :fawkdance

·
Challenge this.
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DeepBlueZ said:
:fawkdance This sound like rice to you???:fawkdance

http://media.putfile.com/Great-sound-and-Great-Brakes

:p :p :p

edit: Stan...does your car sound more or less like mine now?

Mike, It does. But, I need to hear it from outside the car as well. It is much, much quieter and you hear more of the V-8 sound as opposed to the raspyness. I can't be more happy with the sound.

·
Challenge this.
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
blushirt35 said:
high pitch sound does not equal v-8 american , sorry to tell you that . 4- 6 cylinder rice sound :drink:

Those concrete busters are messing up your ears bud.:drink:

·
Challenge this.
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
runz12s said:
thank sounds fcuking nice not ricy at all dont know what that guy was talking about
All he hears is jackhammers all night long. He can't hear anything else.

·
7,563 Posts
undertakerN20 said:
well I have a H pipe and no mufflers :fawkdance
H pipes are for mustangs

·
scream for me, scream for me!
1,108 Posts
sorry im just partial to the flowmaster sound , and i think my stock exhaust with no resinators has a nice v8 sound . hey its just me , maybe the jackhammers and rice cans are taking its toll on my hearing , i do have hearing loss from work i swear . :patriot:
to be fair to i havent heard the smoke mobile yet with the x-pipe to comment on it , just going by what smoke said that it is a higher pitch spound . dont like a high pitch sound , i like the deep mellow sound .

·
7,563 Posts
blushirt35 said:
sorry im just partial to the flowmaster sound , and i think my stock exhaust with no resinators has a nice v8 sound . hey its just me , maybe the jackhammers and rice cans are taking its toll on my hearing , i do have hearing loss from work i swear . :patriot:
to be fair to i havent heard the smoke mobile yet with the x-pipe to comment on it , just going by what smoke said that it is a higher pitch spound . dont like a high pitch sound , i like the deep mellow sound .
You're not suffering from hearing loss, it's brain damage and I'll testify on your behalf in any court just to show we're buds.:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts