LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed some bright xenon head lamps and the shop I bought them from said they could possible hurt the wiring harness. Has anyone heard this?
They said the problems happened in the Dodge Neon. I find no comparison though. Any thoughts??
Thanks
Stifelguy. :cool:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had them in my '02 Z28 and plan on putting them in teh GTO now...never had any problems at all...used to work at a place where we sold thousands of these bulbs, never heard any complaints except when people would get their skin oil on the bulbs and then they crack...do not touch the bulbs with your hands...

The Z28's bulbs were easy to access, the GTO's don't look nearly as easy... :)

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
If they are true HID's then they only draw about 35 watts. Xenon charged halogens often come in dangerously high wattage ratings. Caveat Emptor. For a good, safe imitation HID, try our sponsor Hoen on the left. For the real deal, talk to Speed Inc., also a sponsor.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Are these Xenon bulbs?

Your headlights are on a relay that wil;l shut down if over current condition exists. If you put Silverstars or another brand (not over 80 watts) you will be fine.

I have Silverstars in my Yukon and love them.

94TA GT

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
94TransAmGT said:
Your headlights are on a relay that wil;l shut down if over current condition exists. If you put Silverstars or another brand (not over 80 watts) you will be fine.

I have Silverstars in my Yukon and love them.

94TA GT
thank for the reply the one I put on are not over 80watts. They do make a big difference in seeing further. thanks again. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts