LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeetings,
I am planning on installing an XM Commander in the next few days. Has anyone installed this and direct wired to the factory head unit? What wiring harness is required? I would like to avoid FM modulation if at all possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the information. Just to confirm - your installation is tapping into the antenna lead and using the FM modulation output - correct? Is there any option for using the audio out RCA connectors into the head unit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Twister said:
Greeetings,
I am planning on installing an XM Commander in the next few days. Has anyone installed this and direct wired to the factory head unit? What wiring harness is required? I would like to avoid FM modulation if at all possible.

Thanks.
I too am looking to find out if you can install an AUX adapter to the factory radio. So far I have not had any luck getting an answer. I want to install the XM SkyFI radio but I don't want to use an FM modulator. Let me know if you have nay luck getting an answer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The only input the radio has is a mono cell phone jack. We're pretty much limited to FM modulation for XM.

·
Registered
42 Posts
for what its worth,i installed trhe new Roady in my GTO and DURAMAX.FM Modulator is built in to the unit and the antenna&wire are small and eazy to run and hide.Radio play just outstanding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts