LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about a Delphi Skyfi radio with FM modulator for the GTO. Do I need any special hook up for the modulator to plug into the radio?
I'm planning on putting the antenna on the deck shelf between the rear speakers as I heard this works good on our cars.
Would appreciate any comments on this kind of installation.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I havent seen the wireless skyfi, but I think the delphi roady is better because it is a lot smaller and does not have a stand, so it is a permanent device. I have mine in front of the shifter in that little spot and it fits nicely. I routed the mini antenna up the dashboard and hid the wires underneath the dash with my radar detector wires and it looks nice. The power for the roady goes to the center console outlet and i just bought a power splitter at circuit city and both of them go into there. The sound quality i will admit is bad. Bass is pretty much lost and the quality of the radio is better. It is alright, but If you know how I would wire it into the radio. I am in a prediciment becuse I dont know how and I dont trust the people at Circuit City with my GTO.

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
I just had the XM Commander installed last week. It is much smaller than the SkiFi and the Roady. I couldn't find a place for the other two that didn't look out of place. The guy had to put my antenna on my dash because the window tint on the back window killed reception. My sound quality is good, for an FM modulator. The commander is only about an inch tall and four inches wide, it fit in the cubby under the "ash tray" and I had a little space left for storage. The "brain" unit goes out of sight behind the dash. The display is a light gray and blends pretty well but the Roady can change colors and the green is just about a perfect match to the interior lights. The SkiFi backlight is bright orange and doesn't change color so if that is important to you you need to check it out before you buy it.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts