·
Super Moderator
12,343 Posts
They see me rollin?

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not trying to start anything. I just found it amusing. I did try to post in there and tell them LS1GTO.com may be smaller now, but strong (and with less snarking).

·
1 of 40,757
6,419 Posts
I found the complaint about geico ads amusing. While it may be due to my not being logged in, there are ads-a-plenty @ ls1tech.
No hate intended toward kfxguy.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Not trying to start anything. I just found it amusing. I did try to post in there and tell them LS1GTO.com may be smaller now, but strong (and with less snarking).
speaking of less snarking.....read this short thread and tell me what you think.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I found the complaint about geico ads amusing. While it may be due to my not being logged in, there are ads-a-plenty @ ls1tech.
No hate intended toward kfxguy.

View attachment 503491

no worries, I stand by that statement. The format of this site SUCKS.

·
Unaware of loss, Nor of gain
8,189 Posts
speaking of less snarking.....read this short thread and tell me what you think.

I think having a 2 step auto is dumb and the dude with the least input is also on ls1tech.

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Welcome to the world of ANY automotive discussion forum. But seriously, the question asked was just begging for some smartass feedback. He DID get some legit answers to his question though which is ultimately what you are after.

Look, I like LS1Tech just fine, I check in there daily. I like LS1GTO better when it comes to GTO stuff. The GTO info on Tech though is kind of spotty and the best responses there on GTO stuff are folks who also participate here. The best part about Tech is the deep, deep engine tech that is available there. But there are snarky bastards there as well, don't kid yourself.

What I found amusing is that LS1GTO's ancient reputation for a snarky atmosphere has continued to linger for so very long. I've been the recipient of snarky responses on every site I participate on. Comes with the territory. AND I'll just bet some of those complaining about the LS1GTO environment have only HEARD about it and haven't actually ever participated here.

BUT, a site like this can only be as good as those who use it and participate in it. Don't like it? Why not participate more and try to make it better? Kinda like if you don't vote you don't have the right to bitch about the idiots we have in government.

·
Meh to nie Z06
2,030,807 Posts
Snark is good.. Otherwise you end up like the plastic car forum frequented by jorts and new balance wearers

Reactions: Mr. Black

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm starting to like the new format, or maybe I just forgot how good it used to be. I hate the stupid little notification bubble when people like your shit, though.
The notifications for stuff like that doesn't bother me, but that damn pop-up in the lower right letting me know the forum has been updated drives me nuts.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts