LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call the 3:00 yesterday, and now I have a GTO in my Garage. It had 11 miles on it when I got it and now it has a little over 100. The car is all that it is cracked up to be, and I'm nothing but grins behind the wheel. Definitely worth the wait.

Some info for those who have really early TPW's and still don't have their cars...My dealer said that a few months ago, three ships arrived from Aus. at about the same time. The problem was, they didn't show up in the same order that they left. So a whole ships worth of cars was put into a corner lot and left there while more and more ships arrived, and were unloaded and put on trains. It looks like they finally are doing something about it. Like I said, this is what my dealer told me, so who knows if it is 100% true. But it might worth looking into.

The weather is sunny and in the high 60's, so I'm out of here. I love the car and pictures will come soon. :thumbs:

·
3,327 Posts
Congrats!! Only 6 more days for me :)

·
"PINKY'S UP"
1,610 Posts
Congrats !! Have fun driving it :)

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
ask your car if it's seen mine :)

congrats and envy

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome weekend. It's got 297 on it. After this weekend I'll probably take it easy on the miles, but right now you can't hardly keep me out of it. I've been getting looks, and a kid in Camaro wanted to race last night. Somebody else wanted me to smoke the tires. I declined in both cases because there aren't enough miles on it and there was way too much traffic around (no sense in pulling something stupid.) I also had another guy run over in a parking lot and say "Oh man, this thing looks way better than it does in the pictures", so our little goats are at least getting a little recognition.

svede. I tried talking to it but it's Aussie accent is so thick, it'll take me a while to translate. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
:bubbrub :thumbs: :bubbrub :thumbs:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ah, here it is. I just put a post on that WRX thread. Congrats big time. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everybody, and I'm glad this site has been around. I would have surely gone insane without it(more insane). Here's too keeping up this great forum, and happy motoring.

I did take pictures, but I haven't messed with them yet.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Congrats!

I still have a month to a month and half. I keep telling myself that spring will be here in 20 days and I should have my GOAT a coule of weeks after that. I remember getting my 2000 Harley-Davidson FXSTB Night Train (w/ the twin cam 88 cubic inch) in Sept of 1999. Just in time for fall and winter. That was the longest winter in my life. At least I'll have my GOAT at the perfect time and I'll have time to enjoy it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I spoke with Wanda Barber yesterday. My car is on the boat that left 02/20 and shoud dock around 03/11. However; most of the boats have been carrying around 750 cars. This one has 2000. This means these cars will sit longer on the coast before they go on trains and carriers.

slick50

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
slick50 said:
I spoke with Wanda Barber yesterday. My car is on the boat that left 02/20 and shoud dock around 03/11. However; most of the boats have been carrying around 750 cars. This one has 2000. This means these cars will sit longer on the coast before they go on trains and carriers.

slick50
Last Thursday, Wanda said that my car left from California on that day. The next day, I had the car in my garage. So, I would take what Wanda says, with a grain of salt. It's not her fault, but if they're giving her wrong information then it isn't doing us a whole lot of good.

·
GTOless
7,062 Posts
thanatos, can you post pictures, especially the one thats your avatar
thanks
btw, awesome looking car :thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts