LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yellow GTO with BBS at Goodguy's Car Show

We did our first car show/display of our performance and customization shop. Gave out well over a 500 cards. This was a hot rod show and I can tell you the GTO had as much interest as any ordinary $150K hot rod. For 2 days we showed it, talked about it. The only 2 guys that did not like it were FORD junkies. It is surprising the number of previous GTO owners around here, who truly liked it, even being as purest GTO owners as possible.

the order of interest at our both was:
1. GTO. Old, young, middle aged, men mostly but woman also. They espeically liked the interior and seats specifically. The interior can accomidate a large spectrum of sizes. The yellow was really popular. BBE wheels were a big hit
2. Super Chargers; cool charger by Dyno Proven Porducts, and magna Charger
Had a picture of a GTO with a MagnaCharger, and the response was very positive.
3. Baer Brakes
4. Satilite TV antenna on our DMS Denali
5. 22" Dub Spinners and 24" Momo Storm wheels
6. Our DMS Duramax 2500 HD

If you want to see some of the pictures, click on below
http://community.webshots.com/album/127323147oChsvy

·
black/black/m6 in SF bay area
30 Posts
are you guys from dublin CA ? I am working in pleasanton and use daily my black/black/M6 2004 GTO but so far i have not seen another one yet in the bay area even if i know that a few have been sold.

The BBS wheels look great, do you plan to do other modifications on your yellow GTO ?

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are in Dublin

350goodreasons said:
are you guys from dublin CA ? I am working in pleasanton and use daily my black/black/M6 2004 GTO but so far i have not seen another one yet in the bay area even if i know that a few have been sold.

The BBS wheels look great, do you plan to do other modifications on your yellow GTO ?
We are in Dublin. There are several black M6 units in the area. I believe there is less than 25 or so in the entire SF area. Its not that the GTO is not popular, its the allocations of the vehicle to the dealerships. I beleive we ave 4 units sold currently. GTO's are on a "turn and earn" kind of program; the more you sell, the more you get.

As far as accessaries, at some point we will be putting on and or displaying the following:
1. Some custom Antera wheels in 19 inch with and without staggard sizes
2. Other 18" wheels with 275's rear and 245's front
3. Corsa Exhaust
4. We ae a Magna Charger distributor. At some point we will have one.
5. Within he next 3-4 weeks, Eibach will have some performancer suspension upgrades available

It is challenging to upgrade this vehicle because there is little available to do so, that as a dealer, we would do. Plus, the vehicle is still pretty rare and in the SF area is demanding over sticker price.

Swing by and see me. Would love to see your GTO and show you what we have and can do.

·
Banned
504 Posts
dms said:
Had a picture of a GTO with a MagnaCharger, and the response was very positive.
Gee, I wonder whose car was in that picture?? :wall:

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
DMS, though this is the wheels/tire forum... what's your opinion of Dyno-Proven and their Coolcharger for the GTO? I'm exploring options and would like to hear anyone's thoughts/opinions/experiences.

Padre

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Superchargers

PadreGTO said:
DMS, though this is the wheels/tire forum... what's your opinion of Dyno-Proven and their Coolcharger for the GTO? I'm exploring options and would like to hear anyone's thoughts/opinions/experiences.

Padre
I have a lot of experiences with both the Coolcharger and Magnacharger. both units are first class. both carry 3/36 warranties and power train warranties, magnacharger is bold and aggressive looking, and Coolcharger is stealthy. both systems do not require supplemental electronics like whipple. This is a big deal if there is a problem and you are trying to diagnos it. the Magnacharger kicks in almost immediatley and has a gradual torque curve. The Coolcharger will kick in about 2600RPm depending and is at full boost in seconds. Both Units will have the general overall performance, they just get there differently. In the full size luxury sports utility and Hummer market, noise seems to be the decisive item to most. the hot rodders want the noise. The MagnaCharger does have whine when in boost, while the coolcharger is almost non detectable. The MagnaCharger has gradual boost to 7PSI while the CoolCharger feels like a turbo charger and kicks in all at once.
I would have no probelm recommending either unit.
CoolCharger is still behind in the GTO develpment, while Magnacharger is getting close. Both companies are easy to deal with as well. Hope I gave you enough info to make a decision
dms

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Indeed, DMS, you've given me great information. My main interest is drag racing, and with my automatic, it sounds like the Coolcharger would be the better choice since I also want to maintain streetability. And, with a torque converter set to stall close to the point where it kicks in, it could work well.

Thanks, Padre

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anybody know the specs of that yellow GTO with the BBS wheels? I had those same wheels on our '02 BMW M3 and would like to have those on my GTO...

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeuprx-8 said:
Does anybody know the specs of that yellow GTO with the BBS wheels? I had those same wheels on our '02 BMW M3 and would like to have those on my GTO...
Hi,
Glad you liked the wheels. I think they are the nices wheels I have seen for a GTO, but tht is just my opinion. BBS wheels are very high quality. I had to have them shaved at the back by BBS and rolled the fenders just for security. I believe they were shave about 5-10mm. That is all BBS would allow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts