LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
F117 Stealth Mode
102 Posts
Nice the bottom black one is what I have I love the look. And the best part is it's a RHD. I tried rare spares they won't ship here to the states for some reason. I have noticed it's not easy to get some parts I need a front bumper. My friend I bought mine from has the el camino style he got in a accident and needs a hood I was looking at the four headlight front end swap but dang it's pricey to ship. That's cool you had HQ monaro wow how cool the knight rider :) do you still have a pic of the HQ monaro or the wagon? I was looking at the motor mounts and that explains why one is lower makes since thanks for the heads up. From what i see is the th350 might need a little fab work to the crossmember but the th400 is a better choice. The front disc are girlock South African it's crazy and yeah the Salisbury diff is what I do have as far as I can tell I do have a spare banjo needs a rebuild though and much weaker looking. The best part about getting into the Aussie car culture is the car lingo you guys call headers extractors thanks the best cheers mate

·
F117 Stealth Mode
102 Posts
Saw the pics beautiful cars man the front end on the 4 door is what I want nice look but damn your monaro is just super nice but they fetch some big dollars now from what I can see

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nice the bottom black one is what I have I love the look. And the best part is it's a RHD. I tried rare spares they won't ship here to the states for some reason. I have noticed it's not easy to get some parts I need a front bumper. My friend I bought mine from has the el camino style he got in a accident and needs a hood I was looking at the four headlight front end swap but dang it's pricey to ship. That's cool you had HQ monaro wow how cool the knight rider :) do you still have a pic of the HQ monaro or the wagon? I was looking at the motor mounts and that explains why one is lower makes since thanks for the heads up. From what i see is the th350 might need a little fab work to the crossmember but the th400 is a better choice. The front disc are girlock South African it's crazy and yeah the Salisbury diff is what I do have as far as I can tell I do have a spare banjo needs a rebuild though and much weaker looking. The best part about getting into the Aussie car culture is the car lingo you guys call headers extractors thanks the best cheers mate
Sounds like some fun ahead for you. The turbo 350 should also fit in fairly easily. The trans cross member had the extra plates on either side for the turbo boxes as they where heavier than the Trimatic and the more powerful motors caused a bit more twist. The cross member should have elongated mounting holes to accommodate the Trimatic and Turbos rear mounting points. One longer than the other. Aussie engineering one size fits all. Lol..

Here's an image of one on eBay showing top and bottom.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-HQ-HJ-HX-HZ-WB-TURBO-400-CROSS-MEMBER-SEDAN-WAGON-308-350-GTS-V8-/251336283668

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sounds like some fun ahead for you. The turbo 350 should also fit in fairly easily. The trans cross member had the extra plates on either side for the turbo boxes as they where heavier than the Trimatic and the more powerful motors caused a bit more twist. The cross member should have elongated mounting holes to accommodate the Trimatic and Turbos rear mounting points. One longer than the other. Aussie engineering one size fits all. Lol..

Here's an image of one on eBay showing top and bottom.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-HQ-HJ-HX-HZ-WB-TURBO-400-CROSS-MEMBER-SEDAN-WAGON-308-350-GTS-V8-/251336283668

Another image.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mandurah/other-parts-accessories/hq-holden-turbo-400-cross-member/1096609652

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
6 degrees F here, but I don't really consider it cold until it's below zero...
That's -14 on our scale over here......that's cold. Don't laugh guys but I have never touched, been in or seen snow. The coldest it gets here is about -2 Celsius and all we get is frost.

·
Yes my name is Holden
428 Posts
Thanks for the reminder.

Greetings from the Great White North; I seen -6 F last night & a +1 so far this morning. I served two winters & one summer in North Africa back in the late 60's. The hottest I remember was 117 F as most summer days were 105 to 115 F. So you have never seen snow, I'd leave it at that. I'll post ya a picture from a couple of winters back. I'm think'in that will reduce any desire you might get to go where their is snow. You don't have to shovel sunshine! Enjoy, Bob Jr.

Attachments

·
F117 Stealth Mode
102 Posts
Lol vanrah. Dang AUAGTO you had the holy grail of holdens that 68 monaro is really nice thank you for the pictures of the crossmember it helps out quite a bit and yep I can see the Australian engineering is straight forward not a lot of tricky stuff. I am sure I ll have some more questions as the build continues. Not sure I could handle that much heat down under it's crazy HOT I would feel like the souls of my shoes would be melting. I am pretty spoiled here in CA. 1 hour from the coast 3 hours from the snow and about 4 hours from the desert never really gets above 75 here in San leandro close to SF stay cool brother drink plenty of Fosters and surfin always sounds like fun

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Greetings from the Great White North; I seen -6 F last night & a +1 so far this morning. I served two winters & one summer in North Africa back in the late 60's. The hottest I remember was 117 F as most summer days were 105 to 115 F. So you have never seen snow, I'd leave it at that. I'll post ya a picture from a couple of winters back. I'm think'in that will reduce any desire you might get to go where their is snow. You don't have to shovel sunshine! Enjoy, Bob Jr.
That's some serious snow. I suppose this is one thing for the bucket list. Coming to the US with the wife and kids for a holiday is definitely on the list...might just aim for the tail end of winter...lol.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Lol vanrah. Dang AUAGTO you had the holy grail of holdens that 68 monaro is really nice thank you for the pictures of the crossmember it helps out quite a bit and yep I can see the Australian engineering is straight forward not a lot of tricky stuff. I am sure I ll have some more questions as the build continues. Not sure I could handle that much heat down under it's crazy HOT I would feel like the souls of my shoes would be melting. I am pretty spoiled here in CA. 1 hour from the coast 3 hours from the snow and about 4 hours from the desert never really gets above 75 here in San leandro close to SF stay cool brother drink plenty of Fosters and surfin always sounds like fun

Ha ha. Thanks GeeTOe. Take care.

One day I'll post some more of my Aussie muscle cars that I've built restored or cruised. Might get criticised by the members as some were Fords cough cough......lol. But I believe a true car guy appreciates all. :aus_flag:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts