LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Please MTV... Pimp my ride
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like I'm always reading these great stoplight stories you guys have... and a lot from the same guys. Why can I NEVER get anyone to race me? Is a lumpy cam and a loud, free flowing exhaust that intimidating? Not trying to sound like an ass, but the most action I've gotten in the last few months was a VERY trick GTP, that not only got the jump on me, but I passed like he was standing still. Cool dude, thumbs up all around (and I walked him with his girl in the car)... but thats like the most fun I've had in forever...

·
I ♥ ( @ )Y( @ )
1,666 Posts
If I was not driving a GTO and ended next to your car at a stop light with my window down, I probably wouldn't run you..LOL. But since I have a GTO, I'd ask you what you had done and race you for fun, even though the outcome was obvious.

I can understand why your average C5/350z/Mustang/Evo/STi guy might back down... no one wants to lose. Most guys will know something isn't stock under the hood by listening to your car :)

You just need to find yourself some highly modified cars to run.

·
this ->pimpstatus(10);
1,113 Posts
It's the color of your car.

I never get anyone to run me, I drove 1300 miles 2 days ago and drive 60 miles everyday and I havn't had anyone attempt to run me in about 3-4 months.

Most of the cars that are getting runs are red and yellow, and more often black.

·
Registered
112 Posts
odingrey said:
It's the color of your car.

I never get anyone to run me, I drove 1300 miles 2 days ago and drive 60 miles everyday and I havn't had anyone attempt to run me in about 3-4 months.

Most of the cars that are getting runs are red and yellow, and more often black.

Hell, I have a black one and I rarely get any action.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Yea, very little action overall. I have found some frineds as of late to woop up on 06 GT, and 99 cobra
Chuch

·
Gone but not forgoten
186 Posts
no one will play with my stock 04 yj goat out here either. i had a srt-4 call me out at the drag strip. and a street run in with a saturn ion redline. but thats about it since ive bought my car a month ago. hoping to find some action soon. im bored and need some memories to take to iraq with me

·
get used to this sight
1,051 Posts
well if you are just cruisin and not lookin then your chances of finding a potential victim is less... you kinda have to be an ass about it. roll next to someone and egg him on if you have to. get next to him and downshift a gear or 2 and pull until your rear bumper is at their front. if necessary repeat once more. trust me you will get bites. just remember when people say that they are mmob it is usually a whole lotta bs

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
3,777 Posts
Rockin_Da_Goat said:
Just remember when people say that they are mmob it is usually a whole lotta bs
Well, it is a tongue in cheek joke.....

Go to car shows/meets/race spots. You will find and be found!

·
Registered
582 Posts
be glad you're not getting any action, really. i already have 3 points on my license in CA and i was sent a warning letter today by the DMV saying i am among "the worst drivers in the state." and that the next ticket is license probation or suspension.

live vicariously through the others' fun stories and just laugh your ass off with some popcorn. i think the kill section on here is the absolute best section i've ever seen on a forum. i'm serious. some of our members write very visual and accurate accounts that are nearly like being there. sure i like the tech stuff and what not, but this kill forum is just pure fun, and i'm not even getting a ticket!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
and by the way, California assumes that if you speed then you must be among "the worst drivers." and this is just absolute bullshit. but ya'll already knew that. some of the worst drivers i see are the ones who drive too slowly, overly defensively, are too scared to drive, or meander the streets in their goddam SUVs or mini vans on cell phones!

·
Office Dog = Clean Floor
325 Posts
Three points in CA gets you a warning? Heck, we have 12 to play with here in MI before you can't drive anymore!

Come up and visit us if you want good "stop light stories". In fact, I got called out by an AMG Mercedes the other night. In front of a police station. Needless to say I let him go. That and he would have kicked my butt anyway. :)

·
9 Second Club
14,786 Posts
I've been looking inward a lot lately and I have found that a lot of it may do with me. MyGoatBites was overwhelmed when first moving to DFW from California. He commented that it was amazing how I could dig up a launch from just about anyone. His comment was that I had a radar for it. Looking back at my videos you can see I'd put the camera on and go out and find one pretty much at will.

The only notable lack of success was finding an Evo to go. For a long time I never even saw any of them on the streets in Tibbee Mississippi. Tibbee is a lot like Plano Texas. Lots of rich people driving Mercs and Bimmers, Terminators, Even 2-3 Shelbys on the road right now. Any given night in either Tibbee or Plano you can find Ferraris, C6 Vettes, Z06 vettes, AMGs, Jags, and just about anything else that sells for more than 50k. Had an argument with someone here once claiming SRT8s were rare. Well not in Tibbee/Plano. Fact is few buyers would purchase a 5.7 C300, Charger, or Magnum cause they'd be just plain too cheap.

Don't get me wrong there are a ton of teenage girls with 6 cylinder mustangs and quite a few guys that regularly drive AMG E55's have Terminators tucked away in the back of their garages and maybe trot them out 1-2 times a year. Heck I've seen a new Z06 with 40 miles on it having heads and cam put on and the guy took it home and parked it and months later its only got around a hundred on it.

I've tried to be born again and I am not finding as many any more when I do look. Occasionally some guy with a girl in the car or with his windows rolled up will launch on me. Had a Supercharged Jaguar launch with me the other night. The 3.91s put them down so brutally they quit early.

I've had a lot more fun at the drag strip on street nights lately. Pay attention to 05/06 Mustang GTs. Those guys with the new drag packs are hungry. Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
^^ Good info wrp. I didn't know about the drag pack for the new GT's. That should make them a litte more competitive.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
no one wants to race me when im in the GTO, but when im in the saturn they all got big huevos.

·
Registered
582 Posts
ManiacalRide said:
Three points in CA gets you a warning? Heck, we have 12 to play with here in MI before you can't drive anymore!

Come up and visit us if you want good "stop light stories". In fact, I got called out by an AMG Mercedes the other night. In front of a police station. Needless to say I let him go. That and he would have kicked my butt anyway. :)
the systems vary from region to region. when i was in GA, i could get 3 or 4 points in the same stop and acculmulate 10 or 11 points. not in CA.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts