LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chronic Strut Rubber
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going double din on the new stereo.

I guess I have narrowed it down to two choices for which head unit.

If any of you have these units, please chime in or if you just have an opinion, thats fine too.

If you know of other units out there that DO NOT exceed my max price of $1000 then you can pass that along too.

Here are the two, and thanks!

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OGPWzRDTHGx/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=168550&I=500IVAW200

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OGPWzRDTHGx/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=168550&I=113DDX6019

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
I have always liked Alpine more than Kenwood. But I just bought an Eclipse Double Din and it is simply amazing. It has a hard drive that stores up to 1k songs... records directly from CD to HU.

·
goat lover
212 Posts
i ordered the alpine. features are great, the screen is great, and its easy to expand with other equipment. check your pm

·
Riding Goats since 2004
162 Posts
I have a Kenwood DDX-7017 with:

NAV-4100
Sirius
Phatnoise\Kenwwood Music Keg

It kicks butt.

·
Chronic Strut Rubber
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting alot of good feedback. I love the Eclipse units but they are priced out of my range considering the list of mods I will be doing to the car (Head unit, speakers, radar detector, forced induction, wheels. So I have to draw the line somewhere, lol

Alot of the units have Navigation and I use a Nuvi 350 for that so Nav isnt needed.

Keep the advice and ideas coming, you guys are a wealth of knowledge.

·
Chronic Strut Rubber
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hands down the alpine. you can control the h701 with it.
Ok, now what is the h701?

·
Not an official sponsor!
65 Posts
First off, don't but from crutchfield...chances are, you can find the same goods at almost 40% other places. They have to pay dealer fees, where some online places.....try www.buytaxfree.com, don't. Just a thought. :ftw:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts