LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
those look nice but what size tires are you going to use? are you going to go with narrower than stock or will 245's fit on 7.5" rims?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like those wheels, but they're a different offset. I'm thinking in the tire fitting test, they said using a different offset tended to mess up the body lines of the car.

·
Registered
835 Posts
those wheels have a 38 mm offset which means if you go with the same tires you have now they will stick out 10mm further than stock. From looking at my car I think you may rub the fender on hard acceleration, very little room there.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cjlannoy said:
those wheels have a 38 mm offset which means if you go with the same tires you have now they will stick out 10mm further than stock. From looking at my car I think you may rub the fender on hard acceleration, very little room there.
So what mm offset should I be looking for? What is stock?

·
Registered
835 Posts
stock wheels have a 48 mm offset with 17x8 wheels. Good luck finding inexpensive wheels with the right offset. It looks like we will have to have them custom made. Although there are a very few out there, check out bmw m3 replica wheels, they have the right offset (only problem is they say bmw on them).

·
J.A.F. User
61 Posts
If you were wonder ing what those look like mounted, here's a Photoshop amateur version of that. Hey! Works for me!
Mikie

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Wheels

Vee haff vays to make zem co operate...;>)

·
J.A.F. User
61 Posts
Those Privat wheels are similar to what I am thinking about. I've got a Black/ black M6. You know, something with the flat-ish or double spoke, wither all polished or dark center.
It's hard for some reason to find a good picture of a silver car. Dunno why, because I personally think the color works on the GTO. Even harder to find a good picture of those wheels...
If you don't blow the size up and squint reeeeel hard, maybe you'll get an idea of what they look like.
I give it two thumbs up!
:cool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
What's interesting is that most of these wheels are pretty close to Pontiac's five-spoker. In other words, with just slight differences, the ugly stock wheel could look beautiful. Too bad they aren't.

My goal will be to find wheels that have five thin spokes (or double spokes, preferably) that are relatively affordable. I can't swing $2,000 for a set of wheels!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts