LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
PhantomPooper's daddy
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally getting into wanting to upgrade my suspension. So far all I have are Noltec radius rod bushings, rear diff insert from Pedders and Pedders 0 drop rear springs.

Part of me wants to drop my car lower and say do a 3/8" drop front and 1/2" drop rear and another part of me says since I already have the Pedders 0 drop in the rear, just do the 0 drop up front and call it a day and start working on shocks/struts.

I am on 17s and don't plan on switching for a while. Sometimes I think it looks goofy and other times it doesn't bother me at all.

I think the reason I think it looks goofy is because the rear has 0 drops and the front has saggy stock springs giving it a stink bug appearance. I just want to get some opinions on what direction to go.

·
PhantomPooper's daddy
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After reading a little bit more, it looks like a 3/8" drop in the front compliments a 0 drop rear much more than a 0 drop all around. I'm not sure if it was the camera angle, but the picture of a 0 drop all around actually looked much higher in the front than in the rear.

·
Registered
673 Posts
After reading a little bit more, it looks like a 3/8" drop in the front compliments a 0 drop rear much more than a 0 drop all around. I'm not sure if it was the camera angle, but the picture of a 0 drop all around actually looked much higher in the front than in the rear.
I have this setup - love it! Gives it that perfect rake IMO. If you're doing springs, you must replace the struts...the stock ones suck at stock height, can't imagine how bad they would be with lowering springs.

·
Administrator
20,254 Posts
Depends if your focus is looks or handling.

I ran a number of lower springs for a while, and ended up going back to stock height in the rear for additional traction, and I raised one inch in the front to help with front to rear weight distribution.

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Rake is one thing but if you're looking for performance at high speeds, you need the drop to prevent air flow under the car.

·
Now Blown :)
1,412 Posts
I did the 0 drop front with new struts and a 5/16 raise in the rear with big bore shocks. The front looks a bit higher to me and the rear doesn’t look much higher then before. I went with the 0 fronts because i barely clear the curb in my parking space and i didn’t want to worry about hitting it with a drop, although i could just be more careful but whatever.

get the 0 drop, if you dont like it sell em and get the 3/8 drop...

·
Registered
105 Posts
What do you suggest with a 1'' front drop? I was thinking about a 0 drop in the read.

·
PhantomPooper's daddy
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
get the 0 drop, if you dont like it sell em and get the 3/8 drop...
That is a lot of time and effort and $$$ for a trial by fire look that I'm almost certain I wouldn't like.

I guess I'll look into the 3/8" for the front because then if I don't like the raked look, I just need to drop the rear instead of disassembling the front again.

·
PhantomPooper's daddy
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks good. I'm curious as to why it sits so much lower and even looking than the other 0 drops I've seen.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have a ton of Pedder stuff installed with 3/8 drop up front and 0 drop out back. I love the look of the stance. It also allowed me to put on 19x10 wheels & 275mm wide tires in the rear with absolutely zero rubbing.

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
Dah, your car looks great. any other father away side shots?

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
IMO You want some airflow under the car as it helps pull the air from the engine compartment.
There's already plenty of ventilation underneath the car and when you drop the front with the Pedders the slipstream pulls the heat off just fine.

·
PhantomPooper's daddy
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a ton of Pedder stuff installed with 3/8 drop up front and 0 drop out back. I love the look of the stance. It also allowed me to put on 19x10 wheels & 275mm wide tires in the rear with absolutely zero rubbing.
Would that stance look funky with 17s? I like the way yours looks.

My tires are 245/45/17R Toyo Proxe 4s

·
PhantomPooper's daddy
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well that's good to know that it doesnt look bad. My 0 drop rears allow just a tiny bit more than 2 fingers between tire and fender in the rear.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
18 Participants
cyplandscape
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing