2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just minding my own business(yeah right, lolol). I saw a millenium color
vette in my rear view mirror. He came up on me fast. He then pulled along
side me, and then I noticed it was a Z06. I look over, but he wouldn't so
I just say to myself nice car and cruise on. We eventually got to a stop
light and he still would not look over. I was looking, admiring his awesome
Z06. I'm just thinking he's not gonna try anything. The light turns green and
all of sudden he takes off like a bat out of hell. Well, I was like WTF, although
I was kind of ready but not fully. So he takes off, I take off and pull door to door, no sh!t. Then I forget I'm driving a stick and I hit the rev limiter, and that was it. We barely got across the intersection at this point, actually was
enough for me anyway. But hey, I pulled even with him. I know if we keep going he blows me away, but hey, I'll take it. I leisurely pass him down the road and give him a thumbs up, he now is looking and gives me a smile of respect, you know the one. It was great! I don't know about me sometimes
I forget that I have to shift. Haven't had a stick since my 91 Stealth.
Oh well! Good time.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I doubt he was that good of a driver, because I was surprised too, but I just
kept reeling him in. He had a stick and obviously didn't know how to use it, not that
I do either, but good driver in that Z06 and I would not been able to do that obviously.

·
Here come Da Judge
228 Posts
Forgot you were driving a stick? LOL!! Must have been some adrenalin pumping!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
I don't know about me sometimes
I forget that I have to shift. Haven't had a stick since my 91 Stealth.
Oh well! Good time.
I hate when that happens.....hence my choice......
:drink: :drink:

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
When I first read your post about forgetting that you were driving a stick it brings back a memory for me. I know exactly what you are talking about, the adrenaline pumping and excitement in the air. When my aunt called me up to tell me she bought a Viper and that I could come over and drive it I was totally excited. I got to her house and she jumped in the passenger side and I was like "holy s##t" I am going to drive a Viper. This was back in 1995 I think. Anyways when I pulled on to Telegraph I hit the first light and looked over and this old man with a cowboy hat pulled up in a Corvette ZR1. He revved on me and I revved back. Then tunnel vision between me and that stop light. Green, I go and was so excited with the thrill of the Viper and the extreme acceleration and that I was wasting this ZR1 that I hit the rev limiter completely forgetting to shift. I made the shift as he was starting to pull by me. I redeemed myself at the next light by giving him a dusting.
I have been there...

·
Registered
835 Posts
I've hit the limiter a couple times myself, it just seems like it should be set higher. The car is just pulling so well and then all of a sudden bam! I just hope it is set low enough to not break/bend anything.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly!

WKDWS6 said:
When I first read your post about forgetting that you were driving a stick it brings back a memory for me. I know exactly what you are talking about, the adrenaline pumping and excitement in the air. When my aunt called me up to tell me she bought a Viper and that I could come over and drive it I was totally excited. I got to her house and she jumped in the passenger side and I was like "holy s##t" I am going to drive a Viper. This was back in 1995 I think. Anyways when I pulled on to Telegraph I hit the first light and looked over and this old man with a cowboy hat pulled up in a Corvette ZR1. He revved on me and I revved back. Then tunnel vision between me and that stop light. Green, I go and was so excited with the thrill of the Viper and the extreme acceleration and that I was wasting this ZR1 that I hit the rev limiter completely forgetting to shift. I made the shift as he was starting to pull by me. I redeemed myself at the next light by giving him a dusting.
I have been there...
It's like I totally forget how to drive the stick. Brain fart big time. In time
comes experience. Hopefully! :)

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
I believe it not about experience, because I raced that Viper all day and never missed another shift. Its the pure excitement and adrenaline overload!!!

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well experience maybe in the sense that I will remember that situation and try and
not let that happen again. That adrenaline overload is a bitch!!! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts